Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare dodging

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I've never done it nor do i condone it but has anyone ever done it?
    and was anyone ever caught?

This counts for everything taxi's luas bus etc even the cinema.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I got in an argument with a fella in a bus queue once.
    He got angry and threw his bus fare at me.
    Luckily I was quick on my feet and jumped to one side, successfully dodging the rapidly approaching coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Eh.... yes.

Once upon a time, I was at a work xmas party (just last xmas to be precise!). I got a little bit too drunk, as in I had no idea what I was doing or even who I was! So.... I got a taxi 'cause I couldn't really stand up anymore. EVENTUALLY he finds my house 'cause I couldn't give directions. He told me how much it was, I have no recollection of this and being as drunk as I was I handed him my whole bag and was like "There's money in there...." ....

THERE WASN'T. AT ALL.

So I said "Grand, thanks anyway!", got out of the taxi, tripped and fell and the poor unpaid man had to come and help me open my door! It was great!

BUT IN GENERAL, I ALWAYS PAY FOR STUFF!!!!!!!!!

Why should I pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yeah, sometimes I just throw a ton of coppers into the fare machine if I've no change for the bus. generally it adds up to about 1.50.

But €2.20 to town is well to much anyway, robbing bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Fare play, I say.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I always pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Why should I pay.

cause its law and what we sould all do.

give me a reason why we shouldnt

edit: on topic. ive never dodged a fare in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Did for a few weeks in Germany. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Novella wrote: »
    Eh.... yes.

Once upon a time, I was at a work xmas party (just last xmas to be precise!). I got a little bit too drunk, as in I had no idea what I was doing or even who I was! So.... I got a taxi 'cause I couldn't really stand up anymore. EVENTUALLY he finds my house 'cause I couldn't give directions. He told me how much it was, I have no recollection of this and being as drunk as I was I handed him my whole bag and was like "There's money in there...." ....

THERE WASN'T. AT ALL.

So I said "Grand, thanks anyway!", got out of the taxi, tripped and fell and the poor unpaid man had to come and help me open my door! It was great!

BUT IN GENERAL, I ALWAYS PAY FOR STUFF!!!!!!!!!

classy burd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

phasers wrote: »
    Yeah, sometimes I just throw a ton of coppers into the fare machine if I've no change for the bus. generally it adds up to about 1.50.

But €2.20 to town is well to much anyway, robbing bastards.

2.20 hahahahahaha you get it cheep from trim in meath to, to dublin city center single, is E10.30 :eek: return is in the region of 17.50,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

karlog wrote: »
    This counts for everything taxi's luas bus etc even the cinema.

Where does the cinema take you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

classy burd

I assume he went in with her, man gotta get Lpaid for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

sugarman wrote: »

Luas & Bus fare is way too high, how can they justify even the 20c bus increase couple weeks ago? They cut loads of routes, weekly nightlink, some drivers, busses are never on time, they are filithy, full of scum blarring crappy recorded techno from their screechy phone annoying everyone etc etc...

Disgracefull, like everything else in this poxy country its arseways:mad:

Hmmm Just like ryanair planes too state of the aircraft comp to a dublin bus

Advertisement