Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% off iPod and iPhone accessories...

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Came across this website (just launched from Ireland) from a discussion on the Business E&BM thread. Special launch discount of 10% on prices that look to be great value compared to what I've seen in places liked o2 shops. Worth a look - www.icessorise.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

lecheile wrote: »
    Came across this website (just launched from Ireland) from a discussion on the Business E&BM thread. Special launch discount of 10% on prices that look to be great value compared to what I've seen in places liked o2 shops. Worth a look - www.icessorise.com

They don't appear to sell actual ipods or iphones. Just accessories. Not sure a 10percent is a big enough cut for a website just starting off and trying to compete with powersellers of similar products on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cronos wrote: »
    Not sure a 10percent is a big enough cut for a website just starting off and trying to compete with powersellers of similar products on ebay.
    To be honest.. not many stores can compete with powersellers on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

basquille wrote: »
    To be honest.. not many stores can compete with powersellers on Ebay.

True, I just dont think its a bargin alert that an online shop is cheaper than O2. Without a significant discount. Like 25 or 30 percent off. But thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Thank god for Google Alerts or I'd never have found you lot!

I guess the 10% is a bit of a 'deal' for launch - I only launched the site this week. And whilst 10% doesnt seem like a huge discount, it is 10% off a price that's already significantly lower than the prices you pay for products from O2 or the other large retailers or brand websites

Re eBay, I'm a big eBay buyer myself and I do take your point. However, there are lots of people who aren't and lots of people who, although they can get a case for €1 (or even a cent) plus €5 or €6 p&p, want it sooner than 10 days and want to buy it from someone local.

I guess I positioned iCessorise in the middle ground, somewhere between the two - general feedback appears to be that the prices are fair.

There will be ongoing offers and new products so, if you use facebook or twitter, become a fan or a folllower.

Thanks a million again for your feedback guys - ScottyBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good luck scotty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Dave! wrote: »
    Good luck scotty!

Thanks Dave! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Will you be stocking any mic's for the ipod touch? Might be in the market for one to use skype.

EDIT: Sorry see you have some...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

There will be ongoing offers and new products so, if you use facebook

Hi Scotty,

cant get your link to work for facebook - and when i search for icessorise it doesnt show anywhere on the site?

Also, would you do collections, seeing that you are in the city centre, it might be handy enough for people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I think it's meant to be facebook, and he's posted elsewhere he doesnt do collections

Advertisement