Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been left anything in a Will?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

You always see it on tele - someone in the solicitors office and he's reading out the will and some spawny git gets a fortune.

Have any of you got anything good or bad in a will?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No..

.. I was however left something in a Carlton..

.. no-one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

No. Apparently over here you can't "benefit from a crime".

What a waste of time that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

basquille wrote: »
    No..

.. I was however left something in a Carlton..

.. no-one?

Somewhere there's a child crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A family member of mine died and had left a will, but its not like on TV, everything was left to his wife and immediate family, so there was no "reading".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

A third of half a house....can't wait for that **** to hit the fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

newmills wrote: »
    You always see it on tele - someone in the solicitors office and he's reading out the will and some spawny git gets a fortune.

Ooooh. Sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

My Mother was left a card table in a will. It was tiny though not much good for inviting the lads around for a game of poker.

Oh the woman who left it to her BTW, her husband was involved in a plot to kill Hitler. Strange but true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I got 4 pocket watches and 2 wrist watches left to me bye my grandad, My granny left me 500 Stirling....

I got 4 pocket watches and 2 wrist watches left to me bye my grandad, My granny left me 500 Stirling....

That sort of easily portable stuff is first come first served. Isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Dinter wrote: »
    That sort of easily portable stuff is first come first served. Isn't it?

No they where pacifically left to me... :)

And there's no indirect fammily so it me my bro my mum and dad and thats it no cousins or nothing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Yep I got left stuff from my dad, but like already mentioned there is no reading! Plus, I knew what and how much I was getting anyway before he died!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

No they where pacifically left to me... :)

And there's no indirect fammily so it me my bro my mum and dad and thats it no cousins or nothing...

Really? Not atlantically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

newmills wrote: »

Great idea for a thread, im dreading the reading of my dads will, cos he has 11 kids. But i just know my step sister will get the house- and i know she will sell it. Makes me so mad my parents bought that in 1963 and did it up and its where we grew up and wouldnt want strangers living in it

gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No my mother actually named me after my rich aunt hoping she would leave me something in her will- and she didnt:D - its pretty much a running joke in the family ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Somewhere there's a child crying.
    Well He is offline...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm still waiting and hopeful..............:)

desperate even...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gig Bee

I was left abandoned and damaged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

An authentic 1916 commemorative framed proclamation left to me by my aunt. Treasure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

mickos wrote: »
    Oh the woman who left it to her BTW, her husband was involved in a plot to kill Hitler. Strange but true!

Eh what?? You can't leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Escapism

An authentic 1916 commemorative framed proclamation left to me by my aunt. Treasure it.

Seriously??? That is a bit on the deadly side!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

never been left any thing havent made a will my self so if i manage to kick the bucket does my ma&da+sisters get my house.

p.s i have mortcage protection

• Advertisement

Yeah ... you deffo can't leave it at that!!

An authentic 1916 commemorative framed proclamation left to me by my aunt.

They were obviously feeling optimistic when they ran those off.

Weird that this thread is on today because YESTERDAY i received letter from my aunts solicitor with a cheque for 2,000€ enclosed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

As far as I know they were only handed out to employee's of tthe NWO.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Eh he didn't do all that much though according to this but he was imprisoned for it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christabel_Bielenberg

never been left any thing havent made a will my self so if i manage to kick the bucket does my ma&da+sisters get my house.

p.s i have mortcage protection

Well that depends on if you die in a massive house fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

As far as I know they were only handed out to employee's of tthe NWO.:pac:
    You mean those that composed the Lisbon Treaty so that the can see what they can rip apart when they take over. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

There is only a small number of people who would be leaving me anything in a will. Thankfully none of their wills have had to be called into action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

My grandmother died when I was 12 and I was left all her jewelry. One item was a ring from the 1850's that had been passed down to oldest child in each generation. After my grandmother died my uncle came over from England looking for that ring. My other uncle told him my grandmother had lost the ring before she died. The uncle from England was adopted by my grandparents when he was three (a year before my mam was born). When he was 20, he went looking for his birth parents in England, started living with them and barely talked to my grandparents, aunts and uncles anymore, wouldn't even come home for special birthdays and anniversaries. My grandparents didn't treat him differently from their other kids... they loved him and because he was the oldest boy he got all brand new clothes & toys (my other uncles got his hand downs) and my granddad helped him get his first job which was a really great paying job at the time. My family have no idea why he treated my grandparents so badly. He basically cut himself out of the family so no one wanted him to get that ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My Grand Uncle left me 500 pounds years ago and apparenlty i have been told to expect something substantial in the future, distant future i hope.

Advertisement