Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania and Canon PowerShot SX200

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know almost nothing about cameras but through the advice of friends and my own research I think that the Canon PowerShot SX200 would be a good one to buy. I've looked around a few places online to get it cheapest (canons ireland website is the most expensive...)

Pixmania 309€
    368€ + 8gb card, case and spare battery
    dabs.ie €340
    camera.ie 370
    Komplett 325
    dell.co.uk £245 == €285

Basically, Pixmania is the cheapest (except the dell which will cost the same after i get the card, spare battery and case). Has anyone had good/bad experiences with them?

And while you are at it, is there any reason I should or shouldnt buy this model? Is there a better one out there of the same style with similar features for cheaper?

Should probably just mention that I wont be doing anything important or professional with it, but I'd like something good all the same.

Thanks!

Squee
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

Its a great camera! If you want to check out buying it in Irish stores at the moment, there is a €45 cashback offer and normally free cards/cases being thrown in..

http://www.canon.co.uk/powershotcashback/

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Can't comment on the camera, but do a good search on Pixmania reviews. You'll find a lot of negative ones (including a few from myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've heard the negative testimonials from Pixmania. My own experience is of buying a satnav for a relative through them and they were brilliant. Ordered and paid for followed by delivery within about 3 days. I couldn't complain. Some of the negatives that I have heard about are based around them not being particularly good at customer service when something does go wrong but my experience was flawless to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I had great experience with Pixmania too, very fast to get the items bought, but a friend is just after sending back a hard drive which broke and the customer service was not the most helpful. Basically took them a couple of days before they admitted they would pay back the fees it cost to re-ship the item back, and he still has no confirmation if they will replace/refund his hard drive. No doubt they will with warranty coverage etc but not having official confirmation sucks.

I'd buy from them again, only time I don't is through Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thanks guys for the info

I'm also looking at a http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=446324

which has gotten better review on some websites. I'm really torn as I dont really know enough to compare them properly. More research to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Well Pixmania ren't gonna rip you off and sell you dodgy merchandise so I wouldn't be fretting there.

It's a nice little camera, I have the SX100 which is bulkier, might upgrade to this for using on nights out and holidays where I don't want the 400D.

Advertisement