Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad Attacked After Suicide Bid With Toddler

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090709/twl-dad-attacked-after-suicide-bid-with-3fd0ae9.html

An angry crowd beat a suicidal man who threatened to jump off a ledge with his two-year-old daughter in south west China, state media have said.

More than 100 people attacked Hu Binjun in the city of Chengdu, Sichuan province, according to the China Daily.
    The 34-year-old father outraged onlookers after he dangled his daughter from an eighth-floor window, the paper said.

"He deserved the beating because he was so inhumane to his own child," a woman at the scene was quoted as saying.

The suicide bid happened on Tuesday following a fight between Mr Hu and his wife over his alleged drug use, the English-language newspaper said.
    As firefighters closed in, the father went inside his flat but left the child upside down on a ledge outside the window.

However, she was rescued before she could fall.

Firefighter Chen Long told the paper how he had urged Mr Hu to be calm in the interests of the child before deciding to try to snatch her by force.
    "But when I slid from the ninth floor to the eighth, the man was alerted. He jumped into the bedroom but placed the baby upside down outside the window," Mr Chen said.

Firefighters in the apartment diverted Mr Hu's attention while Mr Chen slid down to the eighth floor and rescued the baby, before blocking the father's suicide attempt.

"When the man jumped onto the windowsill and was about to jump off the building, I pushed the window and cops inside the bedroom were quick enough to capture him," Mr Chen added.

A mob set upon Mr Hu when police took him outside the building, the report said, without saying how badly he was hurt.

The former bus driver is currently unemployed and had recently started taking drugs, which led to quarrels, his wife Wang Xingxin reportedly said.

I agree with the bolded part! Physco!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

It's one thing to take your own life. But to take that of your 2 year old seed? That guy deserved what he got. He doesn't give a crap about his own child, why should anyone give a crap about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8064867.stm

It seems the Chinese don't like suicidal people much.

"A man threatening to commit suicide by jumping from a Chinese bridge was approached by a passer-by who shoved him over the edge, local media say.

Lai Jiansheng, 66, said he was fed up with the desperate man's "selfish activity" which caused huge traffic jams in Guangzhou, southern China."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Ivona Tinkle

Oh my god thank god the have the death penalty still there :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

dsmythy wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8064867.stm

It seems the Chinese don't like suicidal people much.

"A man threatening to commit suicide by jumping from a Chinese bridge was approached by a passer-by who shoved him over the edge, local media say.

Lai Jiansheng, 66, said he was fed up with the desperate man's "selfish activity" which caused huge traffic jams in Guangzhou, southern China."

hahahahahahahaha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Great seeing compassion for a very obviously mentally challenged individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Im reading that and replacing the word man with woman.

I wonder if people would be so quick to condemn if it was a different sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I would ,stupid cow shouldnt play god with her own child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Agent J wrote: »
    Im reading that and replacing the word man with woman.

I wonder if people would be so quick to condemn if it was a different sex.
    Like that british one who did the same with her kid on holidays last year or the year before and they both died and there was uproar on the news as to why nothing had been done to help her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

amacachi wrote: »
    Like that british one who did the same with her kid on holidays last year or the year before and they both died and there was uproar on the news as to why nothing had been done to help her?

ya but this man did it after a fight with his wife- he was doing it out of pure spite! Id have beat him if i was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Great seeing compassion for a very obviously mentally challenged individual.

It is terrible. Still now authorities are alerted to him he can get the treatment he deserves at the Dalian Medical University Plastination Laboratories in the People’s Republic of China.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Those crazy chinese can't get enough of beating the **** out of each other recently. Too many Jackie Chan films will have a negative effect on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its like when a murder suicide happens over here and its all please respect the wishes of the family and its all forgotten about and not discussed

sorry but i dont care how sick the parent is

they are murderers

if they feel so unhappy with their own lives fine do yourself

but do not take the life of an innocent child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

No no no, that kid went "missing"

Advertisement