Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees this year

Options
  • 09-07-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

does any1 know what the story is with fees this year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

From what I've gathered, anyone who was already in full time education is fine. Fees won't start until 2010 and anyone who has commenced third-level education before that doesn't have to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

cianl1 wrote: »
    From what I've gathered, anyone who was already in full time education is fine. Fees won't start until 2010 and anyone who has commenced third-level education before that doesn't have to pay them.

Nice one for me, thank god....
    Went back as a mature student and have just finished 1st year, definitely wouldn't have been able to consider it if fees were to be imposed on me!!

Feel bad for those who now will not be in a position to do the same:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Intimidator

hopefully there will be opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭the-island-man

Nice one for me, thank god....
    Went back as a mature student and have just finished 1st year, definitely wouldn't have been able to consider it if fees were to be imposed on me!!

Feel bad for those who now will not be in a position to do the same:(

Beware, they won't be able to charge you the tuition fee but they are able to increase the registration fee year on year! I don't know if you seen the other thread on fees but the registration fee this year has increased from 1100 to 1724.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Beware, they won't be able to charge you the tuition fee but they are able to increase the registration fee year on year! I don't know if you seen the other thread on fees but the registration fee this year has increased from 1100 to 1724.

Will those subject to the tuition fee have to pay such a high registration fee as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Will those subject to the tuition fee have to pay such a high registration fee as well?

Anyone who pays full fees has the registration fee included afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭the-island-man

Honestly i haven't a clue. I never had to pay the tuition fee, if i did i probably would never have gone to college and i definitely wouldn't have come to a college as pricie as nuig if i did!
    The best way to find out if you do is to e-mail the fees office at:
    [URL="javascript:mail('fees');"]fees@nuigalway.ie[/URL]
    My complete fee last year was €6900! If i had to pay four years of college fees i'd be paying over 27 thousand! why would anyone burden themselves with that debt?!
    Although on the other hand it would mean people were there for the right reasons and not to f*** around and waste tax payers money!

Advertisement