Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine Flu Vaccine

Options
  • 09-07-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Heres some rare footage of 60 minutes from back in 1976, exploring the bad effects the Swine Flu vaccine had on 4000 people in the US back then... thought it may be of interest seeing as we are being advised by the government here to get the vaccine in a few weeks.... by the way, Tamiflu has been taken off the shelves here a few weeks back

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mh9f_swine-flu-1976-propaganda_webcam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is dat sum CT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Is dat sum CT?

No, its a 60 minutes documentary. 4000 Americans were trying to sue the government due to the bad side effects of the swine flu vaccine they recieved on the advice of the government in 1976. Its real footage, and real cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Wish I'd had it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

Its real footage, and real cases.

Its Judge Judy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

lol... seriously though, 'my_name_is_url' was asking me was it a conspiracy theory (ct)... it aint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

How many people got the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I see some Doctor saying today that all the Policitians should be innoculated first so that just in case the epidemic hits people won't be panicing :D
    lol...I hope the fcukers get a bad first batch and get a taste of what the common people are going through in the ****e healthcare in this country..especially Mary Harney..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

it's not the same vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So less than 0.009% of people had complications.

OP, i wouldn't be too worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Just a few things to consider,

The current version of flu is a new strain not the same flu as previously vaccinated against, medical advances between the 70s and now have been huge and if we let previous medical blunders put us off medical treatment/procedures then we'd never use any.

If you actually look an the 76 flu the story becomes reasonably clear, it started with a few soldiers at an army base and as it was identified it was seen that it was quite similar to the 1918 flu pandemic.

This was when it all kicked off, there was panic in the health service and they jumped the gun and a large scale immunization plan was put in place but it never became more then a light outbreak.
    There were however some complications and some(numbers are disputed) may have developed Guillain-Barre of which 20or30 people died.

Here's a report on it, (its a while since I read it so I forget some of it)
    http://www.iom.edu/CMS/AboutIOM/4081/65926.aspx

The current flu is in a different league and actually has very dangerous potential.

Advertisement