Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusted!!

Options
  • 09-07-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi folks,was in a pet shop (I WONT NAME) today and what i saw was just out right rediculus..There was a King Baboon Tarantula in a tiny tank that was really fithy with bits of crickets scattered everywhere,no water and wood chip as a sub with an asking price of E200 for the spider alone,next was crested geckos in a tank which was labeled Bearded Dragons, a 5ft snake in a tiny exo terra tank with no room to move.Lots of other tanks which were just labelled "please do not touch" .I seen all this in five mins and was then asked to leave as the chap said "i have to close this section now".

After driving 20 mins to the shop to have a look around i was put out...

Wont be going there again...

Sorry ..rant over.........

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pm me the name of the shop if you dont mind.

Ive often confronted some shop owners over the disgraceful way they keep exotics.

Ill put them on the dont buy from there list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

thats disgraceful its a pity shops like that are allowed stay open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Could you PM me the name of the shop as well so I can avoid it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

please pm me the details also, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'm a fishkeeper and regularly see fish poorly cared for in shops. I can't leave without mentioning it to one of the staff, but it always falls on deaf ears.

Problem in Ireland is that the DSPCA and the likes are only concerned with cute and fluffy animals. Fish and reptiles don't get a look in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yep noone cares have never heard of a pet shop being reprimanded for bad care of feathers or scaleys or furries, if anyone has heard of one that was reprimanded and actually listened and changed I'd love to know.

Not all are bad as I always say but there are far too many dodgy ones.

If you complain they either 'act' interested or just fobb you off nothing we can do but take our buisness elsewhere to responsible shops or buy online etc.

Laws in Ireland are vague but they do say animals should be kept in certain conditions and yet still nothings done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Totally agree. There are some very good shops out there. Always vote with your feet (and money).

Advertisement