Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs and Cigarettes

Options
  • 09-07-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Just watching Customs on RTE (linky) and it shows you all the cigarettes they seize at Dublin Airport and where they go to be chopped up and incinerated!! Why the hell do they destroy them?? Sell them and make a few bob sure! Madness:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Or make you smoke them all to teach you a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

meh dont smoke myself but seems like a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Used to work in Duty Free many years ago. All damaged cigs/cigars and alchol had to be distroyed and on many occassions i got the job with Customs standing over me. Nothing like pouring a £100 bottle of brandy down a drain and stamping on a £500 box of cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Conor108 wrote: »
    Just watching Customs on RTE (linky) and it shows you all the cigarettes they seize at Dublin Airport and where they go to be chopped up and incinerated!! Why the hell do they destroy them?? Sell them and make a few bob sure! Madness:eek:
    Forget that. I wan't to know what they do with all the confiscated Fireworks at Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

Dingatron wrote: »
    Nothing like pouring a £100 bottle of brandy down a drain and stamping on a £500 box of cigars.

:eek:

You monster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

alan4cult wrote: »
    Forget that. I wan't to know what they do with all the confiscated Fireworks at Halloween.
    Or worse, all that blow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Or worse, all that blow. :D
    Oh every speck of confiscated dope shurley gets destroyed..
    <.<
    >.>

Honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Dingatron wrote: »
    Used to work in Duty Free many years ago. All damaged cigs/cigars and alchol had to be distroyed and on many occassions i got the job with Customs standing over me. Nothing like pouring a £100 bottle of brandy down a drain and stamping on a £500 box of cigars.

Should be ashamed of youself.....and all the starving children in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

alan4cult wrote: »

They give to them to the army to take them to the Curragh and "dispose" of them, what better way than setting them off..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Aren't the cigarettes they confiscate in bulk, the cheap knock offs, made from some fashion of crap tobacco unlike the real cigarettes which are made from "safer" tobacco. Thats why they destroy them, because they can't garantee their content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Tell me of this safe tobacco of which you speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Tell me about this safe tobacco of which you speak.

Advertisement