Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused a student loan

Options
  • 09-07-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just got refused a loan for a postgrad course I got accepted to. Rents went guarantor and everything. I worked my ass off to get onto it and feel like a brick wall has been put up in front of me.

Bank werent sympathetic at all and I really dont know what to do now. Anyone else experience anything similar to this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

go to the credit union, theyre known for giving out loans much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 30 *littlestar*

I don't have an account with them though, is this a problem? And will I have to make repayments straight away? The bank were offering a deferred payment option to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

I don't have an account with them though, is this a problem? And will I have to make repayments straight away? The bank were offering a deferred payment option to me.

im actually not sure to be honest but its definitely worth giving them a call to find out. im really sorry you've reached this wall, its so irritating when you should be excited about this prospect rather than worrying about money. im sure you'll sort it out somehow however and it will be worth it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 *littlestar*

Thanks for that :) I'm going to try another bank and just lay all my cards on the table and hope they come through! I have nothing to lose at this stage I guess. I wouldnt mind if it was a car loan or something material but feels like its pretty much my future on the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

im in the same boat, ive been accepted to a course ide been praying for and now the same brick financial wall. I dont know if i can get a deferral but after the credit union thats my last option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

If they won't offer a deferral, just increase the loan by the amount of payments you won't be able to pay. Then you can use the loan to pay for the loan, for the first few payments anyway. Effectively a deferral.

Advertisement