Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio protective systems

Options
  • 09-07-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Due to the increasing electro-pollution in our society especially from wifi, mobile phones etc. Do the products that are available as protection against this pollution really work? There are a range of them available on internet... I cant find much information about the effectiveness of such products... or if people are interested in this. Do people believe for example that wifi in our homes, places of work, etc is bad for our health?
    An interesting old saying " What we see is less, what we cannot see is more"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Ask Run_to_da_hills ;)
    I'm sure he knows all about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I know that you can get mesh to plaster into houses that work like a faraday cage.
    Price would not be cheap I imagine and Mobiles will not work inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Cheeble

Sales & marketing teams for such products trade off the fact that it's very difficult to prove a negative i.e. it's impossible to prove that there is no danger.

They rely on scaring you with "anecdotal evidence", an oxymoron if ever there was one.

If you're worried about such things, the first thing to do is to prevent anybody in your family from ever using a mobile phone since the electromagnetic signal from holding such a transmitter next to your body is 23,740,000,000 times higher than the background. Using a mobile phone just once in your life renders utterly pointless any protective measures, so strapping yourself into a faraday cage, and then using a mobile phone, is generally a bad idea.

By the way, mobiles adjust their power output according to the range to the base-station mast: the closer to the mast you live, the safer you are. So move house to get closer to the transmitter mast.

If you're still worried, ban everybody in your household from watching TV, since TVs are full of high frequency sources. By the way, I hope you're not reading this on a computer: if so, it's too late, you're already f*****.

Those measures will see you right, and rather than costing you money, they'll save money.

If you're still not convinced, consider this intersting old saying: my gran died from a broken leg, and she had a cherry tree in her garden. This anecdotal study proves that there is a link between broken legs and cherry trees.

Cheeble-eers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Not really seeing the "Green Issue" here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement