Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood healing.

Options
  • 09-07-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

A girl I work with told me about a type of faith healer called a Blood Healer. Supposedly only people who's surname is O Neill or something have the "power". Her dad went to see one a few times.

So the way they heal you is they rub their own magic blood on you. Just say you have a rash on your arm. They rub their blood, or a solution of their blood, into your rash, then it goes away.

I nearly died when I heard it. Anyone know more about this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Rubbing someone elses blood into a possible open wound? Thats just to nasty to contemplate. Never heard of this, never want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭AMIIAM

Some people will believe anything. Hey, what is this "Faith Healing"anyway? Does one really NEED to have Faith?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've never heard of blood healing. I've heard of saliva healing and that some people supposedly have the "gift" for it.

Saliva has been shown to have good healing properties (http://healthmad.com/health/saliva-has-healing-properties/, http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/questions/question/1091/). It's probably not a huge leap from there to imagine that perhaps certain people have higher concentrations of the healing components, although I've never heard of any tests done in that regard, and I don't know if the difference in concentration needed to make a noticeable difference would be reasonable or not.

It's also not a huge leap from there to imagine a similar situation with blood, which I'd presume would have even higher concentrations of proteins, enzymes and anti-bodies. And again that could vary from person to person, for genetic reasons or for simple things like diet (which can be hereditary too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

OMG never heard of this but big flashing warning signals up when statements such as ONLY O'NEILLS have the power, let alone the health issues with blood or salvia....

kshiel wrote: »
    OMG never heard of this but big flashing warning signals up when statements such as ONLY O'NEILLS have the power, let alone the health issues with blood or salvia....

HAHA

In saying that, there was that program on RTE a while back were they did tests on anybody called O'Donnel and they all had a certain blood type. They even tested good old Daniel .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Heal the rash and give you god knows what in the process.

Personally, I don't carry any weight with the whole name thing in general, doesn't the same thing come up with banshee's??? With the rate of population expansion and name changes through marriage, how many "true" O'Neills, O'Donnells or any other names are there anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

niall of the nine hostages - thats the oneill clan DNA that's shared by something like 3 million people worldwide have including our own family. my da's blood was tested as part of some study a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

HAHA

In saying that, there was that program on RTE a while back were they did tests on anybody called O'Donnel and they all had a certain blood type. They even tested good old Daniel .

Hell with marriages, even with the population increasing as the result of one night stands, who knows who they are linked too any more lol....

So couldn't there be a little O' Donnell or O' Neill in all of us (dont mean that the way it sounds :D)

Reminds me of the other day when a woman tried to sell me pillows as I was buying coffee, she was the seventh daughter of the seventh daughter and if I bought the pillows and did the lotto that evening with the discount she was giving me I would win...it was so funny and entertaining for about 5 seconds...

Advertisement