Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Show 10 Things I Hate About You

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm not to sure about this tv show but it does look good on youtube
    if it is a hit in the US hope it comes to irish tv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I loved the film but i cant see how this will work without the original film cast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I saw the pilot, y'all know i'm an ABC Family fanboy(or girl?)....anywhoo....the girl who plys Kat is quite good, she's got an edge to her, all the other actors are HORRID!....even the dad who also starred in the original movie (and who was great in it) Larry Miller is poor.

IMO it's really rather weak, poorly acted, generic, some of the lines in the script were a bit original....but its not a comedy or funny, teenie highschool dramedy.....it's sad to think Kyle XY got canned for this, have mercy.

JP Liz wrote: »
    I loved the film but i cant see how this will work without the original film cast

Larry Miller, the original dad, is the only one from the movie....he's lost his edge (and hair) in this tv show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I watched the pilot an it was okay. Do we really need another High School/Teen based series? We already have the likes of 90210, Gossip Girl, The OC and One Tree Hill. I don't really see the need for any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

just watched the pilot and was not impressed at all.. was hoping for a new kind of 90210/OC kind of show but i think its for a younger episde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

no no I think this show is for the younger/pre teens. ;)

I think ABC Family's target demographic are white middle class girls in the 12-24 bracket....though i could be wrong.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Harpy wrote: »
    just watched the pilot and was not impressed at all.. was hoping for a new kind of 90210/OC kind of show but i think its for a younger episde

I can't watch any American high school shows since Buffy. If they aren't fighting demons and saving the world at least once a year it seems too trivial to hold my attention.;)

Advertisement