Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyer Distribution Staff

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a company that provides flyer distribution staff? I've been mailing and calling a few places about it and I'm stunned by the lack of responses. Two places told me they'd call me back within the hour and I never heard back from them. I'm guessing that because my request is so small people seem to ignore it. Basically all I need is 2 or 3 people for about an hour on a Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Basically all I need is 2 or 3 people for about an hour on a Saturday.

I don't think it works like that with those firms. I think they price their service by number of flyers & area covered.

They probably have a minimum of 2500 flyers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

It's field distribution which they offer. The two companies who I've been in touch with by phone both offer the service and said they'd get back to me with a quote but never did. I've mailed others.

Plenty of places do it - handing out flyers to cars in traffic and so on. I don't want to give the flyers into cars mind you but its the same concept really. I'd rather go through a company that does this than advertise for people that may not show or just dump the flyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Hola again!

Watch yourself on that one - people in traffic is covered (hammered) by health and safety. Ie tie you up in knots.

Also, you need a 'permit' for 'hight traffic areas' - Grafton etc.

Basically its become nearly impossible to do it on spec. The penalties under the litter act are steep. That's possibly why the response is poor -it's not worth it.

You can do it door to door without too much grief.

blue4ever wrote: »
    Hola again!

Watch yourself on that one - people in traffic is covered (hammered) by health and safety. Ie tie you up in knots.

Also, you need a 'permit' for 'hight traffic areas' - Grafton etc.

Basically its become nearly impossible to do it on spec. The penalties under the litter act are steep. That's possibly why the response is poor -it's not worth it.

You can do it door to door without too much grief.

Hahah - I get myself out of the athletics forum and it appears the same people are everywhere!

Traffic isn't exactly what I'm looking for, it was just an example. I read (I think on boards) something about needing a permit for flyer distribution because of the littering laws. Some companies have this permit, so they're the ones I'm after. Door to door delivery won't work as my product has a niche following and it's them people that I'm obviously targeting.

I'll be out making sure none of my flyers are thrown about the place anyway - damn things cost me enough so if they're on the ground they'll be used again (they're postcard quality)!

Hey,

I'm going back to this but changing the topic slightly.

I rang all the companies that I emailed looking for a quote. Every one of them got back to me with a quote. So my question is:

Do businesses no longer respond to emails enquiring about their services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hey,

I'm going back to this but changing the topic slightly.

I rang all the companies that I emailed looking for a quote. Every one of them got back to me with a quote. So my question is:

Do businesses no longer respond to emails enquiring about their services?

So you got your quotes and tell us which one did you pick?

Tyre kickers and other 'Time wasters' would be weeded early?

But perhaps you could do a survey and record comments from passersby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kevinbirchall

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a company that provides flyer distribution staff? I've been mailing and calling a few places about it and I'm stunned by the lack of responses. Two places told me they'd call me back within the hour and I never heard back from them. I'm guessing that because my request is so small people seem to ignore it. Basically all I need is 2 or 3 people for about an hour on a Saturday.
    Why don't you try targeted Internet marketing. It is free if you know where to look, doesn't waste paper and can be an interesting skill to learn. I'll be posting my step by step tutorials for posting free ads next week. Keep an eye out here.

Kevin Birchall

Advertisement