Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to estimate traffic and revenue?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    I've a website project in the pipeline, and an acquaintance is interested in getting on board wit the project. They want to know though what kind of figures we're looking at. Namely how many visitors we can expect and what kind of revenue we'll get from that. I don't know how to get these figures...I don't really know what to estimate since the site isn't up and running yet. Is there some established way of getting an idea of these figures?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you can only make a estimate based on an assumption of expectation.

eg, i expect 1000 visitors a day, 0.20% of them will make a purchase...

you just got to make it up really, if you have some facts to go on that's an advantage but it's all still only an assumption.

conversion rates are very low, somebody should be able to give some figures to help...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

A Google search for 'estimate keyword conversion rate' turned up the following:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=662808

It talks about how the figures are worked out in theory but supports the above post in that it boils down to assumption and guessing

You can get decent info from keyword research tools because although they are not deadly accurate they do give you some search figures for your chosen keyword(s) and the level of competition.

Then you build the site, get the traffic up and take punts on paid google search listings.

Advertisement