Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband problem

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Been using Linux Mint for the last few days and it's been excellent. However I ran into a problem today. I was ftping some files up to my site when the connection went down. I'm using a 3 mobile broadband modem. I couldn't get the connection back so I rebooted into windows and checked the modem and it was working fine, I could connect to the net in windows.

But I have been unable to get a connection in Linux Mint since, when I try to connect I can see the lights changing on the modem so I know the operating system is 'talking' to the modem, it just won't make the connection.

Anyone got any ideas what ould be wrong or what I could do to go about finding the cause of the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Best to look at the Network Manager log file, I'm not sure with Mint but in Ubuntu you go to the Log File Viewer and look at the daemon.log.0, copy and paste a bit of it here when you try to connect again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

Looks like there is some useful information in that log file alright but for some reason mobile broadband started working again when I turned on the laptop today so I'm happy enough for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

bSlick wrote: »
    Looks like there is some useful information in that log file alright but for some reason mobile broadband started working again when I turned on the laptop today so I'm happy enough for the moment.

Oh well, that's good, maybe it was an update or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

i have the same issue over the past few weeks, using Mint & 3 Mobile USB. have to plug out & plug in usb modem to get connection back. where is the log file located?

Advertisement