Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a Kellys road bike in Dublin

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi I am looking at buying a Kellys Road bike in Dublin.
    Can anyone point me to a few stores that stock them?
    Particularly interested in the URC 6.9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Worldwidecycles in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭cunavalos

clopd wrote: »
    Hi I am looking at buying a Kellys Road bike in Dublin.
    Can anyone point me to a few stores that stock them?
    not in dublin but there guys do nationwide delivery and i can recommend them
    http://www.worldwidecycles.com/p-893-kellys-urc-69.aspx

damn beaten to it by dirk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Think Bike in Rathmines stock Kellys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

cunavalos wrote: »
    not in dublin but there guys do nationwide delivery and i can recommend them
    http://www.worldwidecycles.com/p-893-kellys-urc-69.aspx

damn beaten to it by dirk!!

Phew! Nearly undone too! Didn't see the Dublin part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭clopd

Thanks for the Worldwide cycle link - you were both quick off the mark.

I'll check Bike in Rathmines too.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

penny farthing on camden st. definitely saw kellys in there.
    What do you know about the brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Seen Kellys in Little Sport Fairview too

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Buckleys in Athlone had a few, a few weeks ago.

IRC 5.9 AND 1.9's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

About a year ago or so, the guys in Stagg Cycles in Lucan were talking to me about them and had them at the time.

Just looking at the site now and there's no mention of them. Might be worth a call to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teevanke

I got mine in :
    The Bike Rack,
    Johnstown Road,
    Cabinteely,
    Co. Dublin,
    Ireland.
    01-2840609
    Good shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

clopd wrote: »

Hi clopd and everyone else, just wondering if you went ahead and bought the Kellys 6.9 and what you think of it? Currently thinking of purchasing a Kelly's URC 6.9 or maybe even the URC 7.9 and wondering if anyone has any and how you rate them. Links to both bikes below:

http://www.kellys-bicycles.com/index.php?module=catalog&country=ie&cPath=1_225_231&pID=17982
    http://www.kellys-bicycles.com/index.php?module=catalog&country=ie&cPath=1_225_231&pID=17937

Finding it impossible to get any reviews online anywhere so wondering how the Kellys carbon bikes ride in terms of smoothness and performance etc. A relation of mine has a Kellys hybrid Lagoon and having cycled it for a couple of 70-90k cycles have to say it's a well manufactured bike with good attention to detail.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Cycleways have Kellys bikes IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks Pete, yea I was in there a couple of weeks ago to have a look, they only had the ARC 1.9 and IRC 3.9. They were saying they couldn't be as competitive in price with them as the Specialized since they were a Sepcialized dealer and were just stocking the Kellys. As such they weren't inclinded to stock the more expensive Kellys bikes. However they were saying that all they've sold so far have been highly praised by their customers when they came back for their service. Even the entry level ARC 1.9 has a full Shimano Sora groupset with alot of the higher end Specialized having unbraded brake levels and calipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭clopd

Sorry - I didn't go ahead with it - so can't help you out- decided to hold back for a couple of months - hoping to get better value on an 09 bike at the end of the year.

Advertisement