Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spondooly.com

Options
  • 08-07-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey all,

Have noticed that the crowd that set up gamesnash.com (the gaming online shop) are up to more tricks and have set up spondooly.com

Spondooly seems to be a blend of ebay and smithfiled market and is based around the spondooly currency which is kinda cool because you can trade stuff on it then use your "currency" to buy games....so no worrying about paypal, credit cards and all that jazz (phew)

Anyways! I came across the warriors game on ps2 and when you convert it it's like 10 euro, which, for a game from the brains behind GTA means it's generally good.

For those who haven't played it I would suggest looking into it, it's based on the movie and the combat system is great - fighting in games is always fun but when it feels like your kicking ass it always helps ;)

Enjoy!

MOD EDIT: Just some information about Spondooly.com from Pat:
    What is Spondooly.com ?

In a nutshell Spondooly.com is a cross between a swap or barter site and traditional auction sites like eBay. Spondooly.com have combined the best of both worlds into one site and made it comepletely free to use ! The current economic climate has led to a real need for an alternative to money and that alternative is Spondooly.com. The management team behind Gamesnash are heavily involved with Spondooly.com and some of our customer service team will be moving to the new site to ensure that the same customer service level Gamesnash has become renowned for will be replicated at Spondooly.com.

Spondooly.com's approach to swapping is unique. Rather than waiting to find another person who has something you want AND who also wants something you have, like the traditional swap sites, members “sell” their goods and services for credit on the site ( Spondoolys ! ) and then use their earned Spondoolys to “buy” goods and services from other traders. Members list their items like they would on traditional selling sites like eBay but instead of selling for cash they sell for credit to spend on the site. It’s completely free of charge so this eliminates the cost of selling – like listing fees and payment fees but at the same time opens up an entire marketplace to the items you have finished with and conversely opens up the entire marketplace for you to choose items you want.

Products on Spondooly.com are traded in Spondooly.coms own currency Spondoolys. When you list item(s) for sale on Spondooly.com you set a price in spondoolys. Spondooly.com allows members to set an asking price but still receive bids with the option to reject or accept any bid that is made providing the best of both worlds when it comes to selling online. Once your item sells you are paid in Spondoolys which you can then use to purchase other goods and services listed by other members of the community. It's completely free to use and what's even better is that they provide members with opportunities to earn and win Spondoolys which they can then use to buy items on the site. What are the benefits ?
    • Free to use. That’s Free to sell. Free to buy. There are no listings fees and there are no payment processing fees. Members get the full benefit of their sales.
    • You don’t have to expose your financial information.
    • You don’t need any money to trade.
    • Recycling is environmentally friendly.
    • Use your Spondoolys to trade with and buy from Gamesnash ! We are trading on the Spondooly.com site and our entire catalogue will be available - not just pre owned titles but brand new games and new releases will also be made available.
    • Gamesnash customers can set their own trade in prices ! Because our entire catalogue is available on Spondooly.com our customers can sell their used games on the site, either to ourselves or to another member and then use the earned Spondoolys to purchase items from our catalogue. Once you set a reasonable price for your games, you can be confident your games will sell quickly.
    • Trade in anything at all for your games ! Following on from the above, you are no longer limited to trading in games alone. You can trade virtually anything on the spondooly.com site so now's the time to clear out your old and unwanted items, be it DVDs, CDs, Books, Clothes, Electrical goods or even sell services like Plumbing, Carpentry etc. and use the funds generated to buy games from us.
    We're very excited about our partnership with Spondooly.com - we all know money is tight so any site that allows users to trade with each other and ourselves without the need for money to change hands is very welcome.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Nice spot - deserves an award ! :D We are heavily involved in this project and for what it's worth the prices on spondooly.com are the members asking prices but bids / offers can be made too. So you have the potential to haggle the price down further.

We're actually giving away 50 spondoolys to every boards.ie member which is a proper freebie bargain alert in its own right too. ( Link in my signature for anyone interested )

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Nice spot - deserves an award ! :D We are heavily involved in this project and for what it's worth the prices on spondooly.com are the members asking prices but bids / offers can be made too. So you have the potential to haggle the price down further.

We're actually giving away 50 spondoolys to every boards.ie member which is a proper freebie bargain alert in its own right too. ( Link in my signature for anyone interested )

:D

Does that mean we can haggle on gamesnash merch? :cool:

Yes it does ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Yes it does ! ;)

WOW, that's actually really cool :)

Ok now alls I need is cash/spondoolies!!

Thanks Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

do not like the spondooly web site to me i will still go to gamestop our extravision for my games or dvds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pat.

I just realised I forgot to PM you regarding popping in a post about this on Bargain Alerts.

Sorry about that.. this should do anyways!

camero wrote: »
    do not like the spondooly web site to me i will still go to gamestop our extravision for my games or dvds

You may have missed the point of it - it's not a retail site. It's a platform for members to trade unwanted items free of charge. So instead of going to xtravision / gamestop to trade in items that you get very little credit for you trade them on the site to gain credit to spend on other members items. That way the profit margin of the various retailers remains with the users.

basquille wrote: »
    Pat.

I just realised I forgot to PM you regarding popping in a post about this on Bargain Alerts.

Sorry about that.. this should do anyways!

No probs !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

to get the 50 free spondoolies do we put in boards.ie as a referral code or sumthing like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

to get the 50 free spondoolies do we put in boards.ie as a referral code or sumthing like that?
    Register and paste your username here

• Advertisement

You can also email freespondoolysoffer@gamesnash.com with your username too if you would prefer not to publically post it. Just mention in the email you are claiming your boards.ie spondoolys.

Full details are in the thread Basquille has linked to.

Advertisement