Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only a month to go....

Options
  • 08-07-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

So, with today being the 8th of July for most of the day, I've only got a month of my 20's left. This time next month I officialy turn 30.

So, I was thinking, what should I do in the last month of this age bracket? I'm open to some interesting suggestions, bearing in mind (1) this is After Hours, and (2) I'm married so that might have some bearing on suggestions.

Wow me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Buy a new hat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get a divorce:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Cuckold your wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

Buy a walking stick. Congrats old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wow you're old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

get a divorce:pac:

Reported. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

keano_afc wrote: »
    So, with today being the 8th of July for most of the day, I've only got a month of my 20's left. This time next month I officialy turn 30.

So, I was thinking, what should I do in the last month of this age bracket? I'm open to some interesting suggestions, bearing in mind (1) this is After Hours, and (2) I'm married so that might have some bearing on suggestions.

Wow me.

being married is no more relevant than a dead rat having no earphones, especially in after hours...

A month long trip to Amsterdam with the lads or a tea party with the garden folk. toss a coin and enjoy the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Welcome to my world. :(

You'll start to forget things, younger people will annoy you, every waking minute will be consumed by one long rant.

I dread to see what my 40's will be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'll be turning 30 this weekend.

I was thinking like... gazebos... and like omg daddy is going to have me brought to the venue in a horse drawn carraige and its going to be a white horse and I get to keep the horse!! I've found *the* dress Im going to wear.. it sooo blends in with like my shoes and tiara. Im getting in the hottest DJ around right now and everyone is going to totally love me then Daddy is going to give me the big present at the end and I so know its going to be a car! it so better not be a sh1t car or I will have a fcuking knicker fit in front of everyone :)

I'm actually going to spend it hiding from my family .>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I soooo hope Im invited Abi or you are soooo no longer on my BFF list, like Im hot so like everyone will be there like.:D

My Super Sweet 30th

Op being 30 is just another year older...no biggie...just spend the next month as you normally would...just plan a major bender the night before your birthday that way you will be so hungover you wont feel the big 30 hitting you
    Abigayle wrote: »

I was thinking like... gazebos... and like omg daddy is going to have me brought to the venue in a horse drawn carraige and its going to be a white horse and I get to keep the horse!! I've found *the* dress Im going to wear.. it sooo blends in with like my shoes and tiara. Im getting in the hottest DJ around right now and everyone is going to totally love me then Daddy is going to give me the big present at the end and I so know its going to be a car! it so better not be a sh1t car or I will have a fcuking knicker fit in front of everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Maddison wrote: »
    I soooo hope Im invited Abi

You could go in my place if you like? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Nah, being the centre of attention isnt my thing, Id much rather spend my birthday with people that I actually want there rather than friends & family I havent seen or spoken to in years(thats what reunions are for). For my 30th Ill prob end up doing what I did for my 21st....go for a meal with my family & then out dancing & getting hammered with my friends(30th is 4 years away anyway so Ive ages to plan anything...thats if I dont die before then)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't remember taking in any bookings for this weekend.

I'm 30 in 22 months(and counting) and to be really honest i am sh1tting myself thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Quit your job and give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

keano_afc wrote: »

Wow me.

I know how you feel! I turned TWENTY in May so I get the whole leaving an age bracket thing and wanting to do something amazing! However, you are actually old, too old to do anything exciting so I say stay in with your wife and like, watch Corrie! :P

Novella wrote: »
    I know how you feel! I turned TWENTY in May so I get the whole leaving an age bracket thing and wanting to do something amazing! However, you are actually old, too old to do anything exciting so I say stay in with your wife and like, watch Corrie! :P

why would he want to watch corrie when he can watch fair city? I turned 18 a month ago. Sihting the whole 20 thing. It sounds so.... Old! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

can I do a magic show ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Oh God, 18 year olds are worried about being old now? I feel so...old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mental07 wrote: »
    Oh God, 18 year olds are worried about being old now? I feel so...old

i know. what i would give to be 18 again, the op is my brother and ill be going through the emotional hell that he is in 18 months

• Advertisement

The thoughts of grey hair are approaching. Aaahh..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You will put on at least 4 stone in weight in the next 5 years.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

galwayrush wrote: »
    You will put on at least 4 stone in weight in the next 5 years.:pac:

I've easily put that much on in the LAST 5 years.

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a lardo on disability".

Advertisement