Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4OD no longer available in ROI

Options
  • 08-07-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi I was a regular user of the Channel 4 On Demand service whereby you could basically watch all of the Channel 4 shows online by installing the programme on your computer- it was brilliant.

They recently launched an ad campaign explaining that they would be ceasing this service, but all the shows would still be available to view on the channel 4 website.

So I went to watch something today only to realise that viewers in Ireland are no longer allowed to access the shows. I'm really annoyed :mad:

They say it's something to do with rights agreements but how come we could watch them all along? I've sent an email of complaint to channel 4 so if anyone else feels the same way please do the same.

If they get enough they MAY do something about it :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why would Channel 4 care? They are a UK service and it is obviously a rights issue if they have blocked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Yeah I am really pissed about them shutting down 4oD as I used it a lot and it was great. I just went on it a few minutes ago to re-watch the Inbetweeners and was told it had shut down:mad:. Hopefully they will do something about it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Advertisement