Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxing.

Options
  • 08-07-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

I'm not certain if I'm in the right forum but

how much would you expect to pay for waxing in Ireland? (entire bikini area)

I've only looked at one place and they charge 70 euro. I can't part with that much money for something I can do myself with a razor. Is that a normal price or is it expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I think that is expensive, I paid €97 for full leg, underarm and entire bikini, which I tought was good.

Think the entire bikini was €60

They only thing with razor is the after growth, doesn't feel (constantly itchy) or look nice (ingrowns, which I don't get after waxing!) to me so I forked it out.

Gonna keep it up regularly (just underarm and bikini) because I've notice less and less hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Ive always assumed €50 -65 was the average depending on the area.

If you cant bear to fork that out see if you know of any trainee beauticians still in college, perhaps they would do it for you for a bit cheaper. Would give them a bit of practice (may take a bit longer then more experienced girls).

Good luck - totally worth the money though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I got my legs waxed on Monday for €25. Bikini would be in the region of €50 I imagine. Go for it. There is nothing more irritating and itchy than legs that have been shaved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Someone mentioned ingrown hairs when shaving the bikini line, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to avoid those or a product that helps alleviate them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

What's the difference between a Californian wax and a Brazilian wax?
    I've only ever gotten a normal bikini line wax done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Brazilian is completely bald so to speak, while Californian is a very very close wax leaving a little landing strip of hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Mackleton wrote: »
    Brazilian is completely bald so to speak, while Californian is a very very close wax leaving a little landing strip of hair

I thought the Brazillian was the one with the landing strip?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

It is, hollywood is completely bare.
    I've had a lycon bikini wax recently for €45, the beauty salon is on the Northside, if anyone wants the details PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Mackleton wrote: »
    Someone mentioned ingrown hairs when shaving the bikini line, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to avoid those or a product that helps alleviate them?

With shaving you can't really prevent ingrown hairs. The skin begins to grow faster over shaved hairs.
    But i would suggest using a dry body brush or dry body gloves and regularly, gently massage the area, to remove dead skin, this is what causes most ingrown hair.
    Afterwards, use a little tea tree and dab it on the area, this prevents infection.
    If you do get an ingrown hair, massage out between your fingers, until it gets a head, it'll push through itself then.
    Don't pierce or pick at an ingrown hair as it'll get worse and scar!

P.S would definitely recommend the lycon wax. Much better for bikini area and underarms! The strips can often be too harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Astrogeek

what is the lycon wax? It's different to a normal wax?

Advertisement