Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light bulb for brake light

Options
  • 08-07-2009 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, my car failed the NCT, one of the brake lights aint working. I need to get a light for a ford focus. I dont want to go to a garage, want to do it myself. Does anyone know where in Limerick I can buy a brake light bulb?

Cheers
    Sol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any motor factor should have the bulb you need (they are universal fittings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Thank you kindly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

got to halfords if your not feeling up to it yourself they fit it for like 2 euro extra or something

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭limerick79

motor factors on parnell street theirs 1 in henry street 1 down by the market and 1 in artlunkard street none of these will rob ya f##k halfords they will want a fiver to fit it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

motor factors in Eastway, just down towards the exit from the NCT test centre, they'd oblige you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

limerick79 wrote: »
    motor factors on parnell street theirs 1 in henry street 1 down by the market and 1 in artlunkard street none of these will rob ya f##k halfords they will want a fiver to fit it

a fiver!!!! i agree with limerick 79!!! f*ck that!

Cheers guys, going to call into motor factor on Parnell st.

Dont see the point in paying someone to fit it when I can do it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I bought one a few weeks ago in parnell st for 50c

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most car's rear light cluster are pretty easy to get at anyway. The front headlights can be a different kettle of fish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I can recommend Frankie Nolan Motor Factors Ltd on Henry St.

Golden Pages says the address is : 26 Henry st Limerick Co. Limerick.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Motor+Factors_County:Limerick-1.html

won an all Ireland back in '73

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

did ya get it sorted? as said above or planet auto in the jetland or castletroy have them aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

I got mine done in the garage next to the NCT centre and they changed the bulb and fuse for only €2 :)

I bought the bulb for a euro at the motor factor on Parnell St, bargain!

Then when I went to change it myself it turns out its not a philips screw holding in the casing, its some fancy star shaped screw. So I think, ah a phillips will do anyway, so i go and buy a set of screw drivers in tesco, €4, bargain!

Only the screw drivers wont fit and no matter how I try it wouldnt come out!

So with time running out on when I have to go back to the NCT centre I bit the bullet and went to Halfords, €3.99 to change the bulb. I tried to do things on the cheap and it ended up costing me more!

Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

solice wrote: »
    I bought the bulb for a euro at the motor factor on Parnell St, bargain!

Then when I went to change it myself it turns out its not a philips screw holding in the casing, its some fancy star shaped screw. So I think, ah a phillips will do anyway, so i go and buy a set of screw drivers in tesco, €4, bargain!

Only the screw drivers wont fit and no matter how I try it wouldnt come out!

So with time running out on when I have to go back to the NCT centre I bit the bullet and went to Halfords, €3.99 to change the bulb. I tried to do things on the cheap and it ended up costing me more!

Thanks for all the help

They are called hex screws, you need a hex screwdriver to remove them. Any DIY shop will have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its well worth buying a hex set, any motor factor/decent DIY has them. Not to mention a "Torx" security set

Advertisement