Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptance Fee

Options
  • 08-07-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just received my offer from UL and they are requesting an acceptance fee of €100,f this on top of the €25 application fee already paid

is there any form of assistance with this or does one have to pony up the lot.

It might not seem like a lot, but it is half a weeks income for yours truly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 lol1

Hi

I'd say you will have to pay it and then if you qualify for the registration fees to be paid for you then it may be included in that. Not 100%. What course did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Journalism/new media at UL

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

100 euro to accept a course? What? :eek: That's crazy! Did you not go through the CAO? I'd ring up and ask why the fee is so much!

Is the acceptance fee a 'deposit' of some kind, to pay part of the Reg Fee? If so, yeah I'd ask for more details and see if getting the grant or other funding would cover it.

Haven't heard of this before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

Yeah got accepted to UL as well doing HPSS.
    The acceptance fee is €100 but that is taken off your registration fee.
    You will get that back if you get a grant. But i think you will have to go to the University and sort that out yourself or maybe contact the VEC or local authority in Limerick city/county.
    I am in the same boat as you mate, cost me half a week's as well. But still a small price to pay seeing the benefits from it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have accepted the offer and paid the fee. bugger all to lose by it.

Just wait for the acceptance acceptance fee :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

do they charge you an accessory acceptance fee once you pay the acceptance fee...?!

Only if you accept :)

Oh, but at that stage you're screwed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Does everyone have to pay an acceptance fee and if so, how do you do it? Or is it only for mature students?

/John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Wendero wrote: »
    Does everyone have to pay an acceptance fee and if so, how do you do it? Or is it only for mature students?

/John

I'm guessing you only pay it if you applied to the university directly. I know they stopped charging you the €25 application fee if you applied through the CAO. You had to pay it last year (well I did!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

My acceptance fee is €432 for a masters I wish it was €100

Advertisement