Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation near UCC for mature students

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey ppl I'm a mature student after accepting a place in UCC to do psychiatric nursing and I'm just wondering does anyone know of any places available for just mature students to rent near the campus??? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

useless reply, but i'm looking for the same thing.. its hard to know what areas are where in relation to the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lisa23Lol

I know I just dunno where to start and I really don't want to be stuck in a place with 18/19 yr olds lol!

me neither.. i wanna get my head down and just do this.. let me know if you find anywhere decent..

No problem! Lemmie know too!! It's looking like its gonna be tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Lads go to the accomadation office website and you can print off the lists of accom that is solely for mature students/PGs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rgnmb

Hey theres a few house shares on Daft, for mature/PG, I'm in the same boat...

we should all just share together.. what ya reckon!!!!

Good idea since we're all in the same boat!!!

i was joking but actually maybe it wudn't be bad.. how old are you lisa.. are we able to pm on this..

Lol ya i know!!! How's the search going anyways??

• Advertisement

hey..
    haven't really looked to much. its so hard to know where what is in relation to the college.

Plus my accomadation is the last thing on my mind.. seems i'm not entitled to ANYTHING..financially.. so, gonna be an interesting year.

Hows it coming along for you.

I've just contacted a few landlords but not getting anywhere yet! O stop I'm gonna have loans coming outta my ears by the time I finish the course but its the only option I have.

but, it will ALL be worth it in the end..
    Think i'm gonna have to take a lil trip to cork soon and sus out some accom.. where you from originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Landlords around here are still charging extortionate prices for rent even though rents have apparently gone down in the last year. They don't seem to be taking heed of this at all. The cheapest places you can find at the moment are going for €320 a month at the lowest. That was expensive a year ago. Even more so now.

yeah, i haven't come across anything much cheaper than that.

If I here of anything cheap going i'll give you a pm. I was lucky in that i've found a new place to move into that wasn't up on daft. I found out by word of mouth so there's bound to be more like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 macaodh

Hi T.W.H Byron,

If you come across any decently priced accommodation, then please drop me a line. Given that I'll be busy up to the end of September, I'm going to find it hard to get a chance to look for anything until close to the beginning of the academic year (i.e. end Sept.). Do you foresee any problems with this?

Thanks.

If I find out anything or hear of anything i'll let you both know.
    Given that I'll be busy up to the end of September, I'm going to find it hard to get a chance to look for anything until close to the beginning of the academic year (i.e. end Sept.). Do you foresee any problems with this?

I don't think you'll have any problems as logically most people would have been moved in by then and the "rush", so to speak, would be over by then. There is an over abundance of accommodation down here at the moment. It's just that not all of it is cheap.

The county so its easy enough to get up and look around! ya they all seem to be expensive enough lik and with bills on top its gonna cost a bomb! If I drove I'd stay at home at this rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

Hey girls. Just new to the forum. I think this might help you out.

I'm starting in UCC Nursing this year and had a look at this:

http://www.ucc.ie/services/propertyManager/house_search/index.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement