Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help regarding surf reports

Options
  • 08-07-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

im new here but i have a board and the lot for the last year or so,i live fairly close to lahinch,

my prob is when i wana go surfing i usually ring one the lads he checks the reports and tells me the story,im kinda gettin sick of waiting around for him.
    when i read the report,whats the ideal wave height and tide to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

just long onto one of the webcams:
    Tramore Webcam: www.tramoresurfshop.com
    Lahinch Webcam: www.oceanscene.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

neon_glows wrote: »
    just long onto one of the webcams:
    Tramore Webcam: www.tramoresurfshop.com
    Lahinch Webcam: www.oceanscene.ie

I'd check the Lahinch Surf shop website... take a pic every day...
    Gives an eyeball report too.

As far as what works best wouldn't know what conditions are best.. maybe call the local surf shop and ask??

You could also check out beachwizard.co.uk which gives optimal conditions for certain breaks but again you'd be better off asking the surf shop, they will know best....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

ya but what im asking is,rather than ring the surf shop everytime,what wave height is preferable
    like if you look at the report today its says wave height is 6inchs or something which is obviously ****,what height would ya want it to be and tide coming in,going out,what?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

top madra wrote: »
    ya but what im asking is,rather than ring the surf shop everytime,what wave height is preferable
    like if you look at the report today its says wave height is 6inchs or something which is obviously ****,what height would ya want it to be and tide coming in,going out,what?

That's not what I meant. I meant call the surf shop ONCE. Find out what conditions are needed for Lahinch beach to work... then look up weather forecast sites...:confused:

Advertisement