Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stella at Lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

SuperValu is also doing 24 x 330ml bottles for €17.99 which is €2.27/L. Slightly dearer than Lidl's 18 x 284ml bottles for €11.45 which is €2.24/L but the larger box/bottles might be more convenient for some so just thought I'd mention it.

http://www.supervalu.ie/special_offers/special_offers.645.html

Personally I like the smaller bottles! :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I prefer the bigger bottles myself but fúck it stella is stella. Must make a trip over to lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Cheers OP.

Prefer cans of it myself but beggars can't be choosers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Murt10 wrote: »
    None of my friends over here call it stella, they always call it wife beater. Artois are going to have a tough job distancing itself from that moniker now.

Nice beer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

BigEejit wrote: »
    None of my friends over here call it stella, they always call it wife beater. Artois are going to have a tough job distancing itself from that moniker now.
    Who gives a toss? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

TM wrote: »
    Who gives a toss? :rolleyes:

Well, me for a start. Like the article stated, nice pubs are removing Stella from sale because of the type of customer it attracts. So you cant get this nice beer in a nice pub :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BigEejit wrote: »

Nice beer though.

I call it either wife beater or stella "what the fúck did you call me" artois. To be honest most people who call it stella that I know call it the same. I don't think it affects their sales much from what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

You can get Stella in my local. It's by far and away the nicest beer around. I'd take up that offer several times over if I wasn't off the drink at the moment and short of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

don't know if it makes a difference to ye all but that stella that's sold in the supermarkets is brewed underlicence in th UK and not thee original Belgie stuff... it's nice i agree but not a patch on the original

• Advertisement
Advertisement