Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online marketing books

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

Am looking for a good book on Online and internet marketing.

I have some skills and experience in the area (PPC, SEO etc) but would like to ramp it up.

Am looking for the most up-to-date and informative.

I have been reading bits and pieces online but would like a book to work through.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sartay

I'm currently reading SEO: An Hour A Day by Grappone & Couzin. It's a good step by step guide broken down into different SEO tasks that you can undertake.

I have no prior experience of SEO though so I don't know if it might be too basic for someone who knows a little about this area. I'm finding it helpful for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

sartay wrote: »
    I'm currently reading SEO: An Hour A Day by Grappone & Couzin. It's a good step by step guide broken down into different SEO tasks that you can undertake....

I'd second that recommendation, great and very practical book.

You might also consider seobook.com and SEO for Dummies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

I agree as well with those recommendations. And the Dummy guides are great. I've read the PPC and SEO ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

Thanks alll - have taken suggestions on...

Anyone have any others - anything broader that incorporates use of social networking sites, blogs and, of course, Twitter?

For example, I see Twitter as having limited capabilities but maybe I need to investigate it more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Hi just bought the SEO buy hour book thanks.

BTW is http://www.shopireland.ie/ just an amazon affiliate at heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Just read the stuff on www.seochat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Jewelsster wrote: »

Anyone have any others - anything broader that incorporates use of social networking sites, blogs and, of course, Twitter?

For example, I see Twitter as having limited capabilities but maybe I need to investigate it more...

http://www.internetmoney.ie/social-media/1-exceptional-way-for-how-to-use-twitter-for-business/

I find this very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sartay

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Thanks for posting that - I found it very interesting too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kevinbirchall

Hi Jewelsster,

This is a link to my blog and an online resource for internet marketers. Take a deep breath before you click on it because it will be a while before you come up for air. This is life changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Jewelsster wrote: »

Anyone have any others - anything broader that incorporates use of social networking sites, blogs and, of course, Twitter?...

You could also have a look at Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day from the same publishers as the SEO one. I haven't read it yet so can't give you a personal opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BeachBum25

Books are fine and good, and you should definitely check some out. But forums, blogs and other "real-time" places are the best places I've found to get up to the minute info. I've been turned on to a lot of the newest trends in the past... before they were as widely known. The hard part however becomes sniffing out what is true and what is bunk. You'll pick it up quickly I'm sure.

Hi Jewelsster,

This is a link to my blog and an online resource for internet marketers. Take a deep breath before you click on it because it will be a while before you come up for air. This is life changing!

Life changing ? Hardly, it's just another affiliate scheme.

Advertisement