Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pottery clay

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I tried searching both google and the forums but I couldnt find anywhere that sold pottery clay. So does anyone know of anywhere that sells it on the south side of Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 luckytiff02

Did you check any art supply store especially the ones in town? Some craft store and antique furniture store have it. You can also check yellowpages.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Cheers for that. I found these guys on google www.rpmsupplies.com but it looks like more snazzy clay for proper artists. Im just looking for bog standard clay for pots that im throwing into a fire. Ill see what they have anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The art and crafts shop on Camden Street - O'Sullivans - I've seen them stocking clay in the past but haven't been in there recently, worth a shot!
    http://www.osullivangraphics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Crapbag wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I found these guys on google www.rpmsupplies.com but it looks like more snazzy clay for proper artists. Im just looking for bog standard clay for pots that im throwing into a fire. Ill see what they have anyway

I'd recommend RPM. You'll pay twice the price for clay in sullivans or evans. If you're handbuilding pots get a bag of craft crank. Ordinary stoneware or terracotta will be more likely to crack in a fire.

Are you talking about a fire outside or in a fireplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi. The Premier Arts & Craft store in Bray and Greystones has it - it can be air dryed or fired - its about 17e per bag

• Advertisement
Advertisement