Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to anything?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have a degree in Computer Science and I'm currently on DA. I was thinking of doing a course in Multimedia, which my course did not cover, after the summer in a FETAC type college(CSN). There's nothing I covered in my CS degree I actually want to go into, whereas Multimedia does so it is frustrating for me that I'm lower priority. I mostly only finished the degree due to pressure.

However since I'm doing a lower level degree, I don't know if I qualify for VTOS or anything like that. It could be very difficult covering expenses without it. I have a form for it but it's quite complicated. I don't understand what a VEC is and where I go to one.

Are there any grants I can get? Is there someone I can argue my case to? Everything's so confusing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

wait you have a degree in commp science the course i was thinking of doing and you dont have a job.sorry to be nosy but what degree did you do?where?was it good?etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatacombKittens

wait you have a degree in commp science the course i was thinking of doing and you dont have a job.sorry to be nosy but what degree did you do?where?was it good?etc

Computer Science in UCC. It was okay, but it spread itself quite thin. If you want lots of random knowledge about well... computer science it's a good course to do. But I don't really want to be a Software Developer or whatever else they're trying to gear you towards, I really wanted to do multimedia.

Advertisement