Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscrea Fleadh camping

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm hoping to head on up to the Fleadh in Roscrea next weekend and was wondering about places to park up the van..

Anyone any suggestions??

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Yep, there's a caravan park in Streamstown which is just outside of the town.

Not sure of the contact details, but it's probably on the roscreaonline website somewhere...

That's you're best bet, tbh you've left it very late for accomodation.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

TBH we'd forgotten about it until my son reminded me about it...

I'm happy to drive up and wild-camp somewhere, just for an evening.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Donnchadh1

Chris,

For free camping you could head towards the Slieve Blooms, alternatively out the board road from Roscrea there's a school, take the right before and there's a wooded area there...Further outside town there's after the mill house pub at the bottom of the hill take a right and follow until you get to entry to wooded area. Thinks its called glassderry lake with nice walk around the lake...

Been while since I was there so apologies if info is dated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Thanks for tip on Streamstown - I ended up there - great (small) quiet, inexpensive site - I'd certainly recommend it..

Advertisement