Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of virus

Options
  • 07-07-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi
    Can anyone help here please as Im not great on computers. Here is the story. I have Norton 360 antivirus. I noticed my laptop running slower for the last few weeks. In the last few days Im having an intermittent problem accessing some websites google is one of them - sometimes I get a message saying something like page not found you may have typed ww.google.ie etc
    I ran a full scan last night and came up with nothing yesterday but looking at my virus history tonight I see that a virus called infostealer.banker.c is in my quarintine file in norton from a scan in late May. I dont know how I didnt see this before now. What does this mean - do I need to do anything to get rid of this is it still in my laptop. I am very worried now as last week I wascontacted by my bank and end result was I had to get a replacement credit card last week as someone got my details. Would really be grateful for any help. I did google the virus but Im not sure if by norton putting it into quarentine is it gone and if so why is the machine still acting weird?
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

If it's in quarantine, then it means that Norton has found it, disabled it, and is just holding it there so that you can see it. You can delete it from quaratine if you like. I suggest that yo download a program called CCleaner, which will remove a lot of junk from your PC (which can slow-down performance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Shamu2

great - will do thanks for that so.

Advertisement