Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson - serial, funeral going, money makers?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

"The usual suspects" I think would be best to describe these two. They seem to pop up everywhere at funerals of the rich and famous or to preach on natural disasters that have happened. As soon as Michael Jackson died I knew these two would be on the bandwagon right from the off - and so it was - the very first reaction, in fact, was Al Sharpton.

Now maybe the two of them are just friends of the Jacksons and it's just a coincidence but these two are like serial coffin followers of the famous....and in my view, even though I know little enough about them, I just get the sense they are on a money making and self promotional racket all the time. Anyone feel a little uncomfortable with these two the way they keep popping up like this. They have the stage this evening again for the memorial I see.

I don't know, I just don't like them, there is alterior motive with these two I always think. They just want to be seen.

Anyone agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They were both fairly close to Jackson while he was alive though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I suppose if they arrived at the funeral of one of my family i'd think it strange, but otherwise, not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

who's Al Sharpton?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I think I seen him at the pattern in ballylanders a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I didn't know who Jesse Jackson was until he appeared on Harvey Birdman.

Clued in, I am not.

But yeah, they were pretty close to the Jacksons. The next time they pop up at a celebrity funeral, I'll re-scrutinise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

He went way overboard on his eulogy of Jackson

All due respect but Jackson did f*ck all for race relations except go from black to white himself

You'd swear Jackson freed the slaves the way Shaprton was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Sure its Jackson who got Obama elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Iskenderun

darkman2 wrote: »
    "The usual suspects" I think would be best to describe these two. They seem to pop up everywhere at funerals of the rich and famous or to preach on natural disasters that have happened. As soon as Michael Jackson died I knew these two would be on the bandwagon right from the off - and so it was - the very first reaction, in fact, was Al Sharpton.

Now maybe the two of them are just friends of the Jacksons and it's just a coincidence but these two are like serial coffin followers of the famous....and in my view, even though I know little enough about them, I just get the sense they are on a money making and self promotional racket all the time. Anyone feel a little uncomfortable with these two the way they keep popping up like this. They have the stage this evening again for the memorial I see.

I don't know, I just don't like them, there is alterior motive with these two I always think. They just want to be seen.

Anyone agree?

No. That is just so cynical. You are free to think what you want about people you don't know. They know, and that is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

PK2008 wrote: »
    All due respect but Jackson did f*ck all for race relations except go from black to white himself

You'd swear Jackson freed the slaves the way Shaprton was going on

Don't you see??? He succeeded.

He implemented a race-change strategy.....thus allowing the slaves to live as white folk.

• Advertisement

Sharpton is an MLK wannabe but instead he's just a 5hitstirring opportunist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I saw Sharpton on the Louis Theroux show some time back. He struck me as a lizard with no redeeming features.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They were spotted at the back of the church at Jade Goody's funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Please don't transport me back to that universe of pain.

I feel an RIP coming on.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They were spotted at the back of the church at Jade Goody's funeral.

Maybe they just tooooer all the funerals to avail of all the free tay, biscuits and sandwiches at the wakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched bits of the memorial and have to say, what a load of bollox and fakeness and back patting and hyping and applauding for a man who was not a saint and was not a great person. He was a paedophile. Musically, an absolute sensation, no doubt about it, but to hear alL these clowns making out MJ was some worldly person, ambassador, great mand and KING is
    a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

walshb wrote: »
    I watched bits of the memorial and have to say, what a load of bollox and fakeness and back patting and hyping and applauding for a man who was not a saint and was not a great person. He was a paedophile. Musically, an absolute sensation, no doubt about it, but to hear alL these clowns making out MJ was some worldly person, ambassador, great mand and KING is
    a disgrace

He was a King alright - King of the Peado's

Ok technically he wasnt a Pedro but he wasnt even that good of a musician, his music was mediocre, plus he dined out on the same dance move for about 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You see, because Michael was such a troubled soul and gentle and shy kind of man who was so amzing as a performer, folks tend NOT to see the bad in him. He's like the "okay child molester," when in fact, there is no such thing.
    We image child molesters as dirty men who have a certain look and are slimy, whereas Michael was so gentle and shy and peaceful looking, and had so many fans. This makes it hard to be angry about it and I admit I feel the same, but the fact is that no mater who he is or what he achieved, it never gave him a pass to be a molester, which I believe he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Whether he was or wasn't B, seems to make no difference here.

Nobody is allowed to criticise him, or the hype surrounding his funeral.

The guy has been out of the limelight for the last5 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement