Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT HAPPENED HERE?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Today I was looking for a parking space at the Blanchardstown Centre and withness a bad road rage incident over a parking space.
    It was so bad that I thought of phoning the Gardai but didnt as I was in a hurry.

At about 6pm tonight I took out my phone to call my wife and saw that the last call I made was to 999 at 1.32pm today.

The thing is, I didn't call them, but the phone says I did, for 1 min and 32 seconds.:confused::confused::confused:.

This was exactly the same time as the road rage incident.

Can you explain this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

accidently while it was in your pocket or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

No robbie the phone was locked, but I wasn't:D.

Seriously though, this has me puzzled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

suey71 wrote: »
    Today I was looking for a parking space at the Blanchardstown Centre and withness a bad road rage incident over a parking space.
    It was so bad that I thought of phoning the Gardai but didnt as I was in a hurry.

At about 6pm tonight I took out my phone to call my wife and saw that the last call I made was to 999 at 1.32pm today.

The thing is, I didn't call them, but the phone says I did, for 1 min and 32 seconds.:confused::confused::confused:.

This was exactly the same time as the road rage incident.

Can you explain this?

Yes i can explain this , at the time of the road rage incident , you must have decided that you did not need to take out your phone and dial the number mechanically to call the gardai , so you just by-passed the machanics of matter , energy , space and time , well thats quite normal , i mean people do things like that all the time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

espinolman wrote: »
    Yes i can explain this , at the time of the road rage incident , you must have decided that you did not need to take out your phone and dial the number mechanically to call the gardai , so you just by-passed the machanics of matter , energy , space and time , well thats quite normal , i mean people do things like that all the time .

Says the guy who thinks there's a Galactic Federation Base on mars.

Suey I'm guessing the incident may have shocked you a bit and you lost a dash of memory. Even if it didn't shock you, you're still liable to have lost a bit of memory. We lose memory all the time. How many times did you scratch your head today?

You did dial 999 while observing the incident, but decided not to press "call". You threw your phone back into your pocket. Then it rang in your pocket. Cue 1min and 32sec of Garda Murphy shouting "hellllooooo can you hearrr meeeeee?!" into his phone while you drive around looking for another parking spot.

If you don't carry your phone in your pocket, I'd say you dialled 999, while observing the incident you unconciously pressed call, then conciously "decided not to press call" and put your phone back down wherever it belongs. Cue 1min 32sec of Garda Murphy going "be the holey jaysus can you hear meeeee helllooooooo?!"

The phonecall @1:32pm for 1:32mins was just coincidence. Isn't it possible that it was a coincidence? Then it was a coincidence. Occams razor ftw.

Suey what do you think is the likely explanation of all this? Luke Skywalker's "The Force" perhaps?

I appreciate all of the above theories, but the thing is, I have the Blanchardstown Garda Station's phone number in my phone so I would not call 999.
    Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You are sure your phone was locked? Cos 999 is an obvious button to hit if its not locked.

Other than that, my phone plays silly buggers with the phone log all the time. For instance, it doesnt record all my calls, if you call the same number more than once in a row it only makes a record of the last call. And occasionally my texts deliver to whoever at 00:00 on 1/1/1980. So the phone log is fallible. Maybe your phone had a headmelt. A very coincidental one, Ill grant you. :)

Its a curious one, but you have to ask 'how did this actually happen' and go through possible real world hypotheses. Because your phone is a solid physical object so it would follow that there is a solid physical cause for this occurance. So, is your phone playing up? Did you dial in error? Do you ever suffer blackouts or lose time? Oh, and how do you know the exact time of the rr incident? What clock did you check?

Beyond that, if youre looking into it being a supernatural phenomenon, my question would be why? Why would this happen on your phone? Why would physical rules be broken to do this particular, rather random and mediocre, thing?

sugarman wrote: »
    Phone does'nt need to be unlocked to dial 999 or 112;)
    Its a poor day you dont learn something. I never knew that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Overblood wrote: »
    You did dial 999 while observing the incident, but decided not to press "call". You threw your phone back into your pocket. Then it rang in your pocket. Cue 1min and 32sec of Garda Murphy shouting "hellllooooo can you hearrr meeeeee?!" into his phone while you drive around looking for another parking spot.

If you don't carry your phone in your pocket, I'd say you dialled 999, while observing the incident you unconciously pressed call, then conciously "decided not to press call" and put your phone back down wherever it belongs. Cue 1min 32sec of Garda Murphy going "be the holey jaysus can you hear meeeee helllooooooo?!"

If he did manage to call 999 by accident and didn't speak, chances are the Garda would have hung up and rang the phone back (They always do), unless of course the phone's number is blocked, is your number blocked suey71?

No doubt there's a logical explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

theres NOTHING paranormal about this incident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

leddpipe wrote: »
    theres NOTHING paranormal about this incident!

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

leddpipe please read the forum charter

espinolman, if you want to take the piss, do so elsewhere.

No, the phone wasn't blocked and no Gardai called back and I dont suffer from blackouts.
    I didn't touch the phone at all. It was in my trouser pocket, and it was locked.
    Thanks sugerman, I didn't know that either. If this did happen it was the stangest coincidence I've ever experienced, It seems to be the most logical explanation but I'm not that logical.

I hate to say it but I think It was a Paranormal incident,after all, thats why I posted it here, and I was kind of looking for replies from posters with similar experiences oh and from people that haven't.;)
    I have experienced lots of first hand "so called" experiences in my life so I would be open to believing this, but if there's a logical explanation and it convinces me, I'd be open to that too.

I think I hear the Floodgates opening:eek:.

The one question you didnt answer was how did you know the exact timing of the incident. Im pedantic, what can I say?:D

If as you reckon this is paranormal, then, why? Does it tie in, in any way with the other experiences you mention youve had?

Ive never had paranormal type coincidences like this, but some pretty uncanny ones involving dates. And I do agree that when it happens to you, its pretty hard to just chalk it down to chance.

Hi Oryx.
    I know what time the incident took place because I was in a hurry to be somewhere at 1.40p.m. so I was clockwatching. As for knowing what time the phone call was made, it was recorded in the log.

There is another Thread here at the mo. called Spirit Guides. well I believe in them. I also believe in Angels and believe that relatives that have passed over will help you in times of need.

I am a Martial Artist so I foolishly thought about intervening but didn't as I'm not an aggressive sort, but I also don't like to see people being bullied.
    There was no punches thrown just a lot of pointing and grabbing and my involvment probably would have escalated the ordeal.
    Maybe this phonecall that was made was to warn me against interfering in such situations and to call the police in future or else it to tell me that I should have called the police this time.
    Who knows?

suey71 wrote: »
    Hi Oryx.
    I know what time the incident took place because I was in a hurry to be somewhere at 1.40p.m. so I was clockwatching. As for knowing what time the phone call was made, it was recorded in the log.
    thanks. Just wondered if it was exact or an estimation, or if you use your phone clock, that kind of thing.
    There is another Thread here at the mo. called Spirit Guides. well I believe in them. I also believe in Angels and believe that relatives that have passed over will help you in times of need.
    Then you know where I stand on them too.
    I am a Martial Artist so I foolishly thought about intervening but didn't as I'm not an aggressive sort, but I also don't like to see people being bullied.
    There was no punches thrown just a lot of pointing and grabbing and my involvment probably would have escalated the ordeal.
    Maybe this phonecall that was made was to warn me against interfering in such situations and to call the police in future or else it to tell me that I should have called the police this time.
    Who knows?
    Thats a very good way to interpret it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shenoah

I had a similar experience where I received a phonecall from someone I hadn't spoken to in a very very long time, and they were returning a call from my phone...you see,neither of us had each other's numbers but she had received a missed call from my phone....without getting in to all the details there was no possible way for her to have my new number(and vice versa) and she later showed me the call log...was the weirdest thing and the timing was amazingly perfect as I really needed that phonecall right there and then....now I know it was the angels and spirit guides:)

Advertisement