Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

386.exe trojan problem ??

Options
  • 07-07-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I have a problem with Internet Explorer 8, after a boot it will not access the web unless I reset the the settings (Tools, options, advanced, reset).

I also have noticed a new DOS screen that runs on boot up it says "386.exe executed sucessfully" This DOS screen has only appeared about the same time as my IE problem.

I have tried removing and reloading IE8 but problem persists.

Any advice, is it a virus/trojan causing the problem?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Problem resolved... followed the steps in the sticky... thanks Aidan.

Must have been a peice of malware causing the problem.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Alfons

Hi,

It seems like I have the same problem. My IE 8 does the same weird things, starting up like a new installation. All the other Microsoft programs do the same (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). I have to fill in all the information over and over again.

Can you help me, or the guy who helped you. My virusprogram Norman and Spyware Doctor didn't find any virus or malware.

I would be very glad when I can work on my laptop again.

Many thanks,

Alfons
    trackerman wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I have a problem with Internet Explorer 8, after a boot it will not access the web unless I reset the the settings (Tools, options, advanced, reset).

I also have noticed a new DOS screen that runs on boot up it says "386.exe executed sucessfully" This DOS screen has only appeared about the same time as my IE problem.

I have tried removing and reloading IE8 but problem persists.

Any advice, is it a virus/trojan causing the problem?

Thanks in advance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Alfons

Hi,

It seems I have the same problem. Can you help me, or the guy that helped you?

Thanks,

Alfons

Advertisement