Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography-what u need to know

Options
  • 07-07-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

ok so ye as i said before on here ive begun studying for my lc now as i did terrible in the leaving just gone, so eh my question is for geography what are the kind of things i should be knowing?

what are the most important aspects of physical geography?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grindster

fair play to you! :)

basically you need to know pretty much everything about plate techtonics, volcanic activity, seismic activity, folding and faulting, the rock cycle, weathering and erosion, mass movement, fluvial processes, coasts, glacial activity and some map work would also come under the heading of physical geography.

it sounds more daunting than it is. just make sure you understand everything really well, organise yourself and get learning! you have to give a certain amount of significant and relevant points for each question, make sure you're familiar with the exam papers format and what'll be expected of you in June 2010. I'm giving geography grinds if your interested but we could be in totally different areas. moderator may eat me for announcing that here!

good luck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Just remember, for 30 mark questions you only need 15 SRP's. So basically 15 sentences that have valid, relevant points in them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

You just did your leaving cert and your studying again? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

take a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

i have nothing else to do, my best friend is gone home for the summer so yeah im bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I know I've mentioned this book a couple of times, but it really helped me, and I don't normally use revision books at all really. It's called Exam Skills Geography, or something reasonably close to that. I thiiiink it's by Sue Honan (sorry, I'm trying to picture it, and failing!). It's published by Mentor. It basically does out really good sample answers to all the exam questions from previous years, and stuff.

I'm not sure if it's actually in shops or not yet, but it should definitely be there before September. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

:eek: your mad!
    Good on you like, im sooo suprised you able to! i think my head would be fried!
    take it easy though! You might be burned out in the middle of the year and then not be able to look at another book! Everybody deserves a break!
    seriously though, fair play to you! You deserve top points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

NERD ALERT!!!

This is quite possibly the most nerdy thing I have ever heard. In fairness could you not get a life?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

JW91 wrote: »
    NERD ALERT!!!

This is quite possibly the most nerdy thing I have ever heard. In fairness could you not get a life?
    who asked you?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

leesmom wrote: »
    Play nice...

• Advertisement

leesmom wrote: »

Isn't this an internet discussion forum? When somebody asks a question on this isn't it open for all the the memebrs of this site to comment on it?

Did this notion ever dawn on you?

lol me a nerd? hahah heard it all now.

if you seen me jw91 you would be envious, i'm the perfect specimen, an alpha male if u wish.

im hardly studying but i need to be on top of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Please stay on topic

In fairness if you were that great you'd be out getting some fanny instead of staying inisde studying for an exam that's still 11 months away.

So you think it's perfectly normal behaviour to stay inside studying during your summer holidays?

dear oh dear who is this clown?

what do u think im doing, 6 hours a day study down the library?

Any kind of study during the summer makes u a nerd. If you're doing 1 hour or 6 hours it's still excessive and makes you a nerd.

I'd rate you above Milhouse and Professor Frink on the nerd scale

JW91 and devereaux17 infracted. This is my last warning

What does an infraction mean? How many of these do i have to get before i'm banned or whatever?

Any kind of study during the summer makes u a nerd. If you're doing 1 hour or 6 hours it's still excessive and makes you a nerd.

There's nothing wrong with nerds I'll have you know.:pac:

What does an infraction mean? How many of these do i have to get before i'm banned or whatever?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56464430&postcount=1
    If you have any further questions please go to the forum linked with that.

Other people posting off topic - please have some form of cop on

• Advertisement

I'd rate you above Milhouse and Professor Frink on the nerd scale

wow and i bet ur a real cool guy aye?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't a notion of gettin 9 points in 10 days so no need to worry too much about this ban.

Anyway if I got a ban couldn't I just set up a new account with my other e-mail address?
    Makes the whole banning system a bit pointless if you ask me.

It's probably just for moderators on power trips really

JW91 and devereaux17 banned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Why do some people have to act so childish on the internet?
    The guy/girl is looking for some advice, either give a hand or don't post.

JW91 is taking a short break from the forum for trolling. [edit: oh snap]

star-pants wrote: »
    Other people posting off topic - please have some form of cop on

Sorry star-pants.

For geography I literally learned less than the minimum, and somehow got away with it.

You only really need to learn one European region in my opinion. And just learn either soils or a biome in geoecology; there's no need to learn both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Advertisement