Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best replacement fins

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi just snapped a fin while surfing in portugal. i reckoned id pick up a new one cheap enough but the cheapest i found anywhere over there was 50 quid. Im surfing a 7 10 mini mal with 2 smaller fins and one larger 6" fin which is the one i snapped. i thought i might aswell wait and replace the set with a better set maybe from ebay. any suggestions on type of fin? do the more expensive fins really perform better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

um if you can post a photo... i could probably sort something out for you... should get something less than 50quid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

That sucks. If you are in any of the major surfer countries you can usually get something out of the back of a workshop for ten quid. I would have guessed portugal was the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

becuase its a centre fin, im guessing something similiar to a longboard fin (so this is probably a flying or magic carpet) then any shop that sells the same boards or longboards should have generic centre fins available. As far as im aware they pay 35euro for them so if your lucky you might pick one up at that price. Otherwise if you go for something like a cjb or omega fin expect to pay somewhere between 50 and 60euro

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

cheers lads ye i could probly pick one up for around 40 in surfdock. but is there any real advantage in paying more for a cjb or omega?

Advertisement