Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch at government buildings...

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Just read on the news that the UN Secretary General had lunch today with Biffo and the gang at government buildings. Just wondering what would be on the menu for an event like that??? Like say when another head of state or a VIP comes to government building and they put on lunch for him, I wonder what the menu is like?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Spice burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Sausage rolls, chicken and chips, plenty of ketchup bottles left around. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Just read on the news that the UN Secretary General had lunch today with Biffo and the gang at government buildings. Just wondering what would be on the menu for an event like that??? Like say when another head of state or a VIP comes to government building and they put on lunch for him, I wonder what the menu is like?

Anyone know?

Donated organs from Crumlins Childrens hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The shirt of your backs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Eggs Benedict
    Caviar
    Lobster

Thats just the starter coarse.

Followed by small children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mary Harneys back fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Well, he's from Korea so they probalby dragged some weird creatures out of the ocean and covered them in soy sauce and served them up raw. or maybe a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Biffo Beef Burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

In the recession when the government is watching it's spending so carefully?

If I was to guess I'd say
    Cavier Stuffed Lobster with a starter of fois gras and a desert of fine imported truffle's drizzled with sauce made from the tears of redundant workers children.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,154 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I believe Hannibal Lecter was cooking, so...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Cavier Stuffed Lobster with a starter of fois gras and a desert of fine imported truffle's drizzled with sauce made from the tears of redundant workers children.

Those tears taste so sweet this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Like say when another head of state or a VIP comes to government building and they put on lunch for him, I wonder what the menu is like?

Anyone know?

Scattered crumbs, marrow sucked bones and one satisfied Mary Harney.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Deep fried wads of 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A big ugly fat pig on the table with an apple in its mouth, followed by entrails and custard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Irish stew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

There was a big article in The Mail on Sunday in the middle of last month about RTE's spending on food and "hospitality".

Over 3,000 euro a day, allegedly.
    "RTE spent over 3,000 euro a day on hospitality and entertainment last year, even as it sank towards financial ruin... Previously unseen figures released to the MoS expose how the national broadcaster spent a shocking 673,000 euro on 'programme production entertainment' in 2008 - mostly on 'greenroom' entertainment for stars... The total bill for entertainment at the broadcaster was 1,213,000 euro or 3,323 euro for every day of 2008.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There was a big article in The Mail on Sunday in the middle of last month about RTE's spending on food and "hospitality".

Over 3,000 euro a day, allegedly.

:eek:
    And that's just for Gerry Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Like if your having lunch in Government Buildings, can you say order a fillet steak, do you get a menu or is it like, "pork chops chips and beans I'm afraid today Kofi!"...

Do they have a kitchen in government building just for VIP lunches or does one of the ministers pop over to Buswells and grab a few main courses???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

If Biffo & Harney are there, yer man from the UN better hope there's a "healthy option" on the menu.
    Otherwise he'll get fuck all.

Advertisement