Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the cheapest pint in Ireland??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Pub near me that was closed for a few months is now opening every weekend with prices slashed. Pints beer, Guinness, Heineken €2.50. Cans bulmers €2.50. Most long necks €2.50. Don't know how long it's going to last by=ut long may it continue. Grand pub too.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Kiltimagh-Ireland/The-Electric-Mouse/89395849741?ref=ts

Didn't know that this had reopened until heard this last night, are they only opening Fri/Sat/Sunday?

Much needed, the town was completely dead when I was in it a couple of weeks back.....(know that the Wood Cabin etc went)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Didn't know that this had reopened until heard this last night, are they only opening Fri/Sat/Sunday?

Much needed, the town was completely dead when I was in it a couple of weeks back.....(know that the Wood Cabin etc went)

Brgds
    Johnny

You from the town jk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭scrubs

i was in sligo few weeks back and there was a place called the porter house that had pints €3 , long neck bottles €2.50 and vodka €1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Grand pub too.

Hopefully it stays like that OP. I remember a similar operation here in Galway, Fast Eddies, think the franchise originated in Donegal dunno if it's still going anywhere. It was a disaster. Dirt cheap drinks were great but it just seemed to attract the worst of the worst. Closed shortly thereafter and all the pubs around it that were predicted to go under are still standing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not the cheapest place in Ireland, but the place that used to be Major Toms under the St Stephen's Green shopping centre do all pints for €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Wow! It'd be worth the trip up for that! Although we used to have places like this and as one of the posters said,places like this just attract alot of gurriers.Ill stick to our local Bavaria for €3 for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

You from the town jk?

No - folks live in Knock so head for a few around Knock etc whilst up there, you know yourself there is not much choice really.........

Will be interesting to see though if it affects the trade in Kilkelly

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Not the cheapest place in Ireland, but the place that used to be Major Toms under the St Stephen's Green shopping centre do all pints for €3.50.

Is this just certain days or times? I know TGI around the corner on the green is €4 pints no matter what day or time.

Advertisement