Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Centres really poor in Limerick

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Dublin's recycling centres are very good. You can bring old furnture, matresses , old beds etc. Compare that to Limerick where the range of items that you may bring is so limited. see here

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=4

http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/material_not_accepted.htm

We are all disgusted when we see furniture and matresses dumped on the side of the road ( all dumping is dispicable) .

Limerick City And County councils should be helping people recycle old bulky items like furniture. It costs more to dispose of your old bed then to buy a new one in Limerick. Residents of Dublin have no such problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

In fairness almost everything can be recycled at the Mungret depot and its not that far from any part of the city. The tossers who dump at the side of the road would drive to Mungret just as easily as driving out the country but they wouldn't see the benefit of disposing of things properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

If you look here there is plenty the Mungret depot will not take. They don't take old furniture or Mattresses for example which was my original point.:rolleyes:

http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/Mungret%20ReuseCenterleaftlet.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

Have to agree with the OP, there should certainly be a location near the city where rubbish can be legally disposed of. Something along the lines recycling centre model would be the best option where you drive in and weigh the vehicle, dispose of the rubbish, drive out and weigh the vehicle again and then pay the fee.
    When closing of the tip head in the Longpavement I thought City Hall might keep some of the area as a drive-in deposit area with the rubbish taken away in containers by locking up time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah a facility that catered for furniture, matresses etc would be good.

There are way too many dumping around the roads outside the city. Twice I have almost gotten the reg number of a car that is doing it on a fairly regular basis in the Dooradoyle and golf link/Crecora road area. Each time it had managed to zip away before I turned my own car around. It was a silver Fiesta with a 05 reg with a man and woman inside it who were in their 60's at a guess. Have not seen the car in a few months now.

They would just drive along the road and fire bags of rubbish out. The bags would have household rubbish or broken household items. The bags would hits the hedge or road and just burst open. Used to boil my blood to see it.

Advertisement