Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery

Options
  • 07-07-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I was wondering if anybody had experience with the new cattery near Wicklow, called: Cattery Cottage?
    I am thinking of putting my cat there, as it looks very lovely. I will go and see the place beforehand, but sometimes, people can make it sound lovely etc...
    so have to take their words for it..
    Would appreciate if anybody had put their cat there and give me some feedback and experience (bad and good). Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

I was wondering if anybody had experience with the new cattery near Wicklow, called: Cattery Cottage?
    I am thinking of putting my cat there, as it looks very lovely. I will go and see the place beforehand, but sometimes, people can make it sound lovely etc...
    so have to take their words for it..
    Would appreciate if anybody had put their cat there and give me some feedback and experience (bad and good). Many thanks

Hi,
    I have never heard of this cattery cottage before in wicklow BUT I do know of a cattery in kilpeddar!! A family friend owns it and its a wonderful place, I would not trust my cat any where else. Infact my cat lived at this location for 4 years due to moving house and difficulty. The woman who owns and runs it has a client base that stays with her for years. I also know she under cuts prices by a mile and provides her boarders with only the best cat food. I think she charges like 6/7euro a day, which in comparrison is very cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Thanks for the info... do you know by any chance the name of the cattery? or the website so I can check out? You can PM me the info if you prefer.
    I actually went yesterday to check the cattery cottage and it looks very nice. They just opened it about 3months ago, and you can tell the woman is really fond of cats and she sounds like she will look well after them. However, I like visiting other places to compare and have a feel of the people running it before I put my "baby" in. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Has your cat been to a cattery before? I left ours for two weeks and would never do that again. They barely knew us, were terrified of everything and had lost so much weight they looked ill. I am sure they were taken care of fine, all the other cats were grand but my cats do not like going places.

Is there no one you can trust to look after them? I just get the neighbours to feed them every 3 days when we go away.
    I am sure there are also people that will come to your home and feed the cats if you are far from neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Yes my cat is used to cattery. He went a few times already but the last time I put him there for 4weeks in winter and another time for just 1week, he came back a bit skinny and did not enjoy going out any longer... We live on 2nd floor and he has access to the balcony (he's been trained since a kitten not too jump over!! so am not scared he will do it...). So now I have a bit of doubt of that cattery and if they really put the heating on for kitties in winter. Also because I feed him mainly raw meat, last time I picked him up, they fed him only half the portion I gave them for the week.. Unfortunately I can name that cattery here, but i know lots of people like it... they are not too bad but i just start to get some doubts about the care for my cat in this instance...

Advertisement