Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 07-07-2009 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else in the Kilkenny City region had problems with their Eircom Broadband signal last night, mine didn't seem to be working. I haven't checked it today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Yeah, been having trouble with it on and off for about a week now, apparently there's been trouble all over the country.

There's a thread here on boards with people far more in the know that me with all sorts of fancy words who seem to have a better idea as to why it's acting up.

It's a pain is all I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

mine went down bout half 9 last night. i seen an engineer working in a manhole near the hospital bout 10 o clock, it was lashing rain......poor fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm in Waterford city and mine went down around 9/9.30pm last night and only came on about an hour ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Mine went down last night around the same time in Cavan,Must be a wide issue for eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Theres a thread in tech->net and comms-> broadband. Title is eircom DSL- DNS lookups. Has work arounds to get you back on the net (around page 6 i think) :-D its a country wide problem, seems eircom has been attacked by hackers from what ive seen and read :-o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

mine came back up in the office around 11pm.... feckers its so annoying, was on there so called helpline earlier this morning and u get the usual script from a piece of paper" we are aware there is a problem in your area and our engineers are resolving the problem"........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I spent €44 on an antivirus because I thought it was my computer. Ah well, it's back now.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry I didn't spot this earlier lads. Eircom seemed to be part of an attack over the last few days/weeks which caused problems getting internet and also rendering the correct web pages. Iv been up to my eyes trying to help people out and thought sticking a link in the signature might help but not everybody could see it.

All systems seem to be operating normally now.

Advertisement