Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion Akoya E1312 Notebook/Netbook @ €399 in Aldi

Options
  • 07-07-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Available to view here

Product_detail_Wk29S.jpg

Not sure if this is a major bargain alert really at the price , but seeing as netbooks are always popular I though I'd post it. Available from the 12th, it is a slightly larger than normal 11.6" form factor, breaking the "netbook" general sizing but still not a full fledged notebook as such.
    Features the new AMD Sempron which is "suppoised" to be better than Intels Atom CPU. Again priced at €399.

Specs:

AMD Sempron™ processor for ultrathin notebooks 210 U 1.5 GHz

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1250 graphics with digital HDMI Audio -/Video-output

11.6" widescreen display 16:9 format and HD playback in widescreen (1366 x 768 pixels)

Stay in touch with friends and family Integrated 1.3MP webcam and microphone

Flight mode For those places where wireless devices are not allowed – aeroplanes and hospitals – the useful Flight Mode button ensures safe operation

Ultrathin Seamless display and keyboard design for an ultrathin profile and stylish aesthetics

1 GB RAM 1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM

160 GB Hard Disk Drive for storing more than 30,000 music tracks/photos1

High speed wireless networking Wireless LAN 802.11n draft with up to 300 MBit/s.2 802.11b/g compatible

Interfaces Multi memory card reader (SD, MMC & MS)3, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI out, 1 x VGA out, 1 x LAN (RJ45), 1 x microphone in, 1 x line out

Dimensions and weight Approx. 292 x 202 x 27/32mm, Approx. 1.5kg incl. battery

Software package (OEM versions pre-installed and/or on CD/DVD and recovery DVD or CD)

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition (incl. Service Pack 3)
    Microsoft® Works 9.0
    Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2007 Trial Version4
    Cyberlink PowerDVD™ 8 & YouCam
    Corel® Draw Essentials 3
    Corel® MediaOne™
    BullGuard Internet Security5
    System recovery powered by Symantec: www.symantec.com
    Accessories included External power pack VDE/GS approved, 6 cell Li-ion high performance battery

All the support you need 36 month manufacturer’s warranty. MEDION offers a telephone support hotline charged at National Rates and a return to manufacturer service for repair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

had to check online for the battery ...
    The 2200mAh rated battery should last for a little over 3 hours.

http://www.netbookchoice.com/tag/medion-akoya-e1312/

Though no idea how accurate that site is

Think I'll stick with the NC10 ... similar price and 6 hour battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Wow, the battery is a breaker for netbooks. Need to be at least 6hrs. Most of the newer ones are topping 8hrs now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Bumpity bump - well, this is gonna be out tomorrow, does anyone think it is worth a purchase? I'd like to use it to DJ off of with Ableton/Mixmesiter, and also run Photoshop off of. Would it be upto it? Also, how much extra would the 9 cell battery cost does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Amazon have the Samsung NC20 on deal of the week at them mo for £349.99 + delivery might be worth a look, it would have better battery life.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Arciphel wrote: »
    Bumpity bump - well, this is gonna be out tomorrow, does anyone think it is worth a purchase? I'd like to use it to DJ off of with Ableton/Mixmesiter, and also run Photoshop off of. Would it be upto it? Also, how much extra would the 9 cell battery cost does anyone know?

I dont know if those programs would work on a netbook. Dj Software is very processor heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'd assume you'd want a dedicated sound card to do any DJ'ing type stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yup, i have a dedicated Numark DJIO card which runs over 1.1 USB with no external power needed. The software isn't that CPU intensive, I just wonder would 1GB of RAM be enough, if not i could always increase that later on the Akoya model. Will have a look at the Sammy Nc10, cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Finally a new processor enters the netbook market. Hopefully amd can release a few different versions and manufacturers start using them. I'm getting sick of seeing intel atom, 1GB ram, 80 - 160GB hard drive in every netbook.

Advertisement