Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auschwitz Museum Director Reveals 'Gas Chamber' Hoax

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

The sh!t has hit the fan!!!!!!
    In a dramatic and unprecedented videotaped interview, Dr. Franciszek Piper, senior curator and director of archives of the Auschwitz State Museum admitted on camera that 'Krema 1,' the alleged 'homicidal gas chamber' shown off to hundreds of thousands of tourists every year at the Auschwitz main camp, was, in fact, fabricated after the war by the Soviet Union -apparently on the direct orders of Josef Stalin.
    What Piper said - in effect and on camera - was that the explosive 1988 Leuchter Report was correct: no homicidal gassings took place in the buildings designated as 'homicidal gas chambers' at Auschwitz.

http://www.rense.com/general53/aauz.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

old, and debunked.

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/p/piper.franciszek/press/daily.texan.1093
    ear Sirs,

In connection with an advertisement of David Cole (An open letter to the daily Texan, February 19, 1993) in which he offers
    the videotape named "David Cole - Interviews Dr Franciszek
    Piper" I would like to inform your readers:

1. the sham interview with me there is the Neonazi
    style monologue of young man who never seriously approached the great
    tragedy of humanity named Auschwitz and Holocaust. In his
    ingenuousness he decided to halt the part of the murderers
    instead of their innocent victims - different every
    honest man does. My answers on a few questions of Cole ( who
    deceitfully introduced himself as a man who wanted to convince his
    acquaintances in America that Auschwitz was really a place of
    genocide) constitute a small proportion of this video tape.

2. In his advertisement he introduces me as a "Head of
    Auschwitz Archives at the Auschwitz State Museum". This is
    untruth. I am not and I have been neither a head of Auschwitz Archives
    nor a director of Auschwitz Musum, as Cole maintains in
    other propaganda leaflets. The purpose of such manipulation
    with of facts is clear - to attract potential purchasers of his
    "Interview" video tape.

3. Cole maintains that I first time admitted the allegedly
    unknown fact the Nazis adapted the crematorium in question in
    which the gas chamber were located for air-raid shelter, the fact
    allegedly unknown even for Museum guides. It is un truth. See
    enclosed copies of pages from the books which constitute the
    fundamental reading for Auschwitz guides. In book by T-an Sehn
    "Concentrat Camp Ogwiqcim-Brzezinka (Auschwitz-Birkenau)Warsaw 1957,
    You may read on the page 152-"In May 1944 the old Crematorium
    I in the base camp was adapted for use as an air raid shelter

The Fact is also confirmed in the book by Jean Claude Pressac
    "Auschwitz: Technique and operation of the gas chambers,
    published by The Beate Klarsfeld Foundation, New York 1989 (515
    Madison Avenue). On the page 157 you may read: "With part of the
    building converted to an air raid shelter, this is the state in which
    the SS abandoned Krematorium I in January 1945" Repeating what
    Pressac had written I told what was the nature of the
    adaptation works carried out by the Nazis and what one had to do to
    remove those changes in order to regain the previous appearance.
    They are all "Pipers revelations. In spite of the fact that
    such secondary restoration works had to be done there is an
    undisputable reality that the gas chamber in question is housed in the same
    building which has been existed from prewar times till now.

4. The fact that the Nazi murderers used gas chambers (in
    Birkenau you can see the ruins of the other 5 gas chambers) for
    mass annihilation of innocent men, women and children, mostly
    Jews, has been proved by thousands of memoires and depositions of
    eyewitnesses as well as by German official documents and plans.
    It is obvious fact for everybody who wants to approach the
    problem, to contact still living witnesses and to study historical
    sources.

5. I have devoted 28 years of my life to save the memory of
    the counless victims of the Nazi barbarity to warn people against
    indifference to all forms of racial, religious and national
    based hatered, which leads to injustice, suffering and killing
    of innocent people. Because of it I take the fact my name is
    used for disseminating such kind of lies and hiding of the obvious
    truth as a lack of honesty and dignity.

yours,sincerely

DrFranciszek Piper

PS Send me please the copy ofyour magazine in which my letter will be
    published

[transcription note: Dr. Piper's first language is Polish, not
    English, and the letter reads awkwardly. knm]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

PolishPaddy, dont you know,

No one may question the holocaust, it is cast in stone, even the bits that keep changing;)

if you want to get anywhere on this topic check out the revisionism of the official numbers from Auschwitz, they dropped from 4.1Million to 1.1Million around 1992, yet most people ar unaware of this.

Me Personaly I dont doubt there were Gas Chambers, just that they didnt kill as many people as is being claimed, hell they DID kill a lot of people.

however by the time that the soviets and Yanks liberated the places Supply lines had ben cut for up to 6 months, is it any surprise that they found a disease ridden half starved population in the camps, they may well have found the same in a lot of Berlin suburbs, Germany had been broken.

also if they had state of the art incenerators why were there large piles of bodies everywhere:confused:

lots of this dosent make sense and there are obvious contradictions, however if you dig at all you will be branded as an AntisemiticHolocaustDenyingBabyEatingNeoNazi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

however if you dig at all you will be branded as an AntisemiticHolocaustDenyingBabyEatingNeoNazi

Its usually your words surrounding your digging that brand you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lads, cop on or there will be big consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Read:
    "The war against the Jews" ISBN 055334532X
    The book also provides detailed listings by country of the number of Jews killed in World War II. Dawidowicz researched birth and death records in many cities of prewar Europe to come up with a death toll of 5.933.900 Jews. Some historians[who?] consider this number an underestimate since many records were lost during the war, many births and deaths were not recorded in small towns and villages, and many births occurred in countries between their last prewar censuses and the start of the war.

One particularly interesting evidence is the One Way Excursion Tickets to the Camps. Everything was very documented. This shows how many sent and didn't return. The Nazi's did get a discount of course.

I've read the book.. but here is some background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_Against_the_Jews

In many countries posting a link to such lies is illegal.

That site is the worst sort of biased "journalism" to feed anti-Semitism under a disguise of AntiZionism. Freedom of speech (in any country) is not the right to continuously publish hatred & lies even it if is a firmly held opinion.

Yes, of course the Nazis also killed many Russians, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Mentally Ill etc. But Hitler had a special hatred of Jews.

If you want a really good Conspiracy Theory to chew:
    * Why did Hitler want to kill EVERY Jew? (Why invade Russia for example?)
    * Why did the allies refuse asylum, including Ireland, AFTER the fact of the camps well known during WWII?
    * Why did the allies not bomb the railway lines?
    * Why does France and others still not face up to the degree of collaboration to help the Nazis send their Jews to the Camps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I always find it incredible that people can debate on the numbers killed by the Nazis in concentration camps.

They killed millions. Fact. the manner iw which huge numbers of families were torn asunder and children murdered darkens human history and is so deeply sad.

I don't think anybody cares if makes the guiness book of records for mass murder. It was a mass murder of sickening, diabolical proportions.

Every time the debate on these issues arises it chips away at the fact that so many died so horifically. The manner of their deaths is unspeakable, the regimen, the routine applied to achieve such ends is abominable.

Semantics!

In my view concious undermining of this history is a form of defense of the perpetrators; and that in itself is wthout defense.

Go away and debate the hysterics that surround the death of Michael Jackson, it is surely more prescient.

by the way Mahatma 1.1 million PEOPLE is almost the population of Dublin not a statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,227 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

if you want to get anywhere on this topic check out the revisionism of the official numbers from Auschwitz, they dropped from 4.1Million to 1.1Million around 1992, yet most people ar unaware of this.
    That's not true.
    The exact number is hard to pin down and range from 4.1 to 1.1 million.
    These numbers are based on good historical research. Something Neonazis and anti-semites rarely do or back their claims up with.

The guy who was miss quoted places the figure at 1.1 million.
    http://en.auschwitz.org.pl/m/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=334&Itemid=8

While the first commandant of the camp, Rudolf Hoss claimed it was 3 million during the Nuremberg trails.

also if they had state of the art incenerators why were there large piles of bodies everywhere:confused:
    You kind of answer you own question here.
    however by the time that the soviets and Yanks liberated the places Supply lines had ben cut for up to 6 months, is it any surprise that they found a disease ridden half starved population in the camps, they may well have found the same in a lot of Berlin suburbs, Germany had been broken.
    lots of this dosent make sense and there are obvious contradictions, however if you dig at all you will be branded as an AntisemiticHolocaustDenyingBabyEatingNeoNazi
    Well does this digging include a deliberate attempt to misquote and misrepresent someone as saying something he didn't mean or believe in the slightest for the express purpose of misleading people?

Doesn't seem like an honest way to dig for the truth to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Ddad wrote: »
    by the way Mahatma 1.1 million PEOPLE is almost the population of Dublin not a statistic.

Wrong, the death of one man is a tragedy, the death of one million is a statistic. :)

Stalin was responsible for much more death than the nazis during the same period. How many Soviets were hanged? History Ddad, is written by the victors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

where is he being misquoted???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they twist his words to sound like the gas chamber never existed and that no homicidal gassings took place. which is a lie.

You're kidding right?

From the OP article.
    What Piper said - in effect and on camera - was that the explosive 1988 Leuchter Report was correct: no homicidal gassings took place in the buildings designated as 'homicidal gas chambers' at Auschwitz.

From the letter:
    4. The fact that the Nazi murderers used gas chambers (in
    Birkenau you can see the ruins of the other 5 gas chambers) for
    mass annihilation of innocent men, women and children, mostly
    Jews, has been proved by thousands of memoires and depositions of
    eyewitnesses as well as by German official documents and plans.
    It is obvious fact for everybody who wants to approach the
    problem, to contact still living witnesses and to study historical
    sources.

If that's not what being misquoted and misrepresented I don't know what is.

Also the article continues the claim from the video that this guy is a director of archives at Auschwitz.
    This is a lie.

Kernel wrote: »
    Wrong, the death of one man is a tragedy, the death of one million is a statistic. :)

Stalin was responsible for much more death than the nazis during the same period. How many Soviets were hanged? History Ddad, is written by the victors.

I couldn't tell you how many soviets were hanged, less I'd imagine than were shot, beaten, starved or frozen to death. Let me know where your enquiry links in with this thread. I don't recall cheering on Stalin.

Thanks for that bit about history being written by the victors, it's brilliant if a little simplistic. Glad you let me know though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I couldn't tell you how many soviets were hanged, less I'd imagine than were shot, beaten, starved or frozen to death. Let me know where your enquiry links in with this thread. I don't recall cheering on Stalin.

I quoted Stalin in reply to your post, hence the reference to him.
    Thanks for that bit about history being written by the victors, it's brilliant if a little simplistic. Glad you let me know though.:rolleyes:

Brilliant and simplistic, isn't that an oxymoron?

I quoted Stalin in reply to your post, hence the reference to him.

Brilliant and simplistic, isn't that an oxymoron?

The wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

King Mob wrote: »
    You're kidding right?

Also the article continues the claim from the video that this guy is a director of archives at Auschwitz.
    This is a lie.

Very interesting. Watched the video, the jury is still out in my mind, need to do some serious research on this one, but just did a quick search for Piper on wikipedia:

Franciszek Piper (born 1941) is a Polish scholar, historian and author. Most of his work concerns the Jewish Holocaust, especially the history of the concentration camps at Auschwitz. Dr. Piper is credited as one of the historians who helped establish a more accurate number of victims of Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps. According to his research, at least 1.1 million people perished at Auschwitz-Birkenau, of whom about 1 million were Jewish. He is the author of several books and chair of the Historical Department at the Auschwitz State Museum

Could it be that as Chair of the Historical Department he might of been the Director of Archives at the time Cole interviewed him?

Just found this too:

"Israel Gutman, a historian at Hebrew University in Israel and former Auschwitz prisoner, estimates there were 1.5 million victims, of which 93 percent to 95 percent were Jews, and roughly the same number of other victims calculated by Piper."

The death-toll does appear to have dropped from 4 million to 1.5 million...

Very interesting. Watched the video, the jury is still out in my mind, need to do some serious research on this one, but just did a quick search for Piper on wikipedia:

Franciszek Piper (born 1941) is a Polish scholar, historian and author. Most of his work concerns the Jewish Holocaust, especially the history of the concentration camps at Auschwitz. Dr. Piper is credited as one of the historians who helped establish a more accurate number of victims of Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps. According to his research, at least 1.1 million people perished at Auschwitz-Birkenau, of whom about 1 million were Jewish. He is the author of several books and chair of the Historical Department at the Auschwitz State Museum

Could it be that as Chair of the Historical Department he might of been the Director of Archives at the time Cole interviewed him?

Just found this too:

"Israel Gutman, a historian at Hebrew University in Israel and former Auschwitz prisoner, estimates there were 1.5 million victims, of which 93 percent to 95 percent were Jews, and roughly the same number of other victims calculated by Piper."

The death-toll does appear to have dropped from 4 million to 1.5 million...
    I think you're missing the point.

The bit were the articles claims Piper said something he didn't say and doesn't believe in the slightest.

And yes the accepted death toll at Auschwitz has changed but that happens when people do honest historical research and present verifiable evidence.
    the 1.1 - 1.4 million people range is the most likely death toll at Auschwitz given the the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

watty wrote:
    If you want a really good Conspiracy Theory to chew:
    * Why did Hitler want to kill EVERY Jew? (Why invade Russia for example?)
    * Why did the allies refuse asylum, including Ireland, AFTER the fact of the camps well known during WWII?
    * Why did the allies not bomb the railway lines?
    * Why does France and others still not face up to the degree of collaboration to help the Nazis send their Jews to the Camps?

q) Why did Hitler want to kill EVERY Jew? (Why invade Russia for example?)

a) There is not one order from hitler to support that assertion.

Yes there is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Solution

Hmmm...... that's what I'm looking for too. But I think the question is whether there's conclusive evidence to support that it was official Nazi policy to deliberately exterminate ALL perceived enemies of the state.

The Nazi's sent people with various religious beliefs to the camps, including Christians, but was their intent to kill them on the spot?

Is it logical to assume that if that were the case, the Nazis would have done so and in the most efficient and expedient way possible, going on how they conducted their affairs?

And if that were their intent, then wouldn't we expect to find tons of written documentary evidence, they were meticulous record keepers.....

It seems they made no effort to hide other crimes like their human experimentation programs, their work (if you can call it that) is still used and studied today, why destroy all the documentary evidence of the extermination programs? Did they seriously think that if they lost the war they were going to get away with that, but not all their other crimes?

There's little doubt in my mind that the camps were responsible for the deaths of millions. It did happen. I'm not sure what the reasons could be for that swimming pool Cole shows in his documentary, it was so surreal seeing that, but I don't go along with the theory that the Holocaust didn't happen.....

The question is whether or not evidence exists that the Nazis had a deliberate extermination program. Deliberate being the operative word...

• Advertisement

I think you're missing the point.

The bit were the articles claims Piper said something he didn't say and doesn't believe in the slightest.

And yes the accepted death toll at Auschwitz has changed but that happens when people do honest historical research and present verifiable evidence.
    the 1.1 - 1.4 million people range is the most likely death toll at Auschwitz given the the evidence.

hmmm..... am i missing the point? Piper did hold a senior position at the Auschwitz State Museum, and apparantly still does, so it's quite safe to assume that Cole was'nt lying in his documentary about Piper's status... no?

Ah, gotcha, can you be a bit more specific please? Because it appears that Piper is denying he said a lot of things....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

And if that were their intent, then wouldn't we expect to find tons of written documentary evidence, they were meticulous record keepers.....

There are meticulous records and thousands of them. Just because you haven't bothered to look doesn't mean they aren't there.
    It seems they made no effort to hide other crimes like their human experimentation programs, their work (if you can call it that) is still used and studied today, why destroy all the documentary evidence of the extermination programs? Did they seriously think that if they lost the war they were going to get away with that, but not all their other crimes?

There isn't records of the Potsdam conference, but there are thousands of movement orders, Identity cards, and so on.

There's little doubt in my mind that the camps were responsible for the deaths of millions. It did happen. I'm not sure what the reasons could be for that swimming pool Cole shows in his documentary, it was so surreal seeing that, but I don't go along with the theory that the Holocaust didn't happen.....

The question is whether or not evidence exists that the Nazis had a deliberate extermination program. Deliberate being the operative word...

Well there's the mass ovens, for a start.

Before you start questioning the Holocaust perhaps you should look at evidence. Perhaps start with Vassily Grossman's Aside from being the finest Soviet era novelist, he witnessed the horror of the camp at Treblinka, as a war correspondent and testified at Nuremburg.

The evidence for the holocaust is vast and overwhelming, and anyone who claims otherwise hasn't seriously looked at the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

History is written by the victors? You've obviously never studied History then because Stalin is considered one of the most evil men in History and his Russian Army was known to be particularly brutal. The fact you know that "Stalin was responsible for much more death than the nazis during the same period" proves this point - there is no cover up - we all know how bad Stalin was.

"How many Soviets were hanged?" Are you serious? Of course the fact that the Soviets were on the Allied side and won the war, and USSR was never taken over under Stalin; meant there were no equivalent of the Nuremburg Trials simply because it wasn't logistically possible (for obvious reasons). That still doesn't mean it wasn't right to convict and hang the Nazis for their brutal crimes, as what the soviets did had nothing to do with what the Nazis did.

So, there is no big conspiracy or "History is written by the victors," even Churchill himself knew Stalin and Communism was a big enemy but had no choice but to ally Britain with him in order to defeat Hitler; who was a bigger enemy due to his attempted invasion of Britain.

Diogenes wrote: »
    There are meticulous records and thousands of them. Just because you haven't bothered to look doesn't mean they aren't there.

There isn't records of the Potsdam conference, but there are thousands of movement orders, Identity cards, and so on.

Well there's the mass ovens, for a start.

Before you start questioning the Holocaust perhaps you should look at evidence. Perhaps start with Vassily Grossman's Aside from being the finest Soviet era novelist, he witnessed the horror of the camp at Treblinka, as a war correspondent and testified at Nuremburg.

The evidence for the holocaust is vast and overwhelming, and anyone who claims otherwise hasn't seriously looked at the subject.

Please, it's not that I have'nt bothered to look, I'm starting to do just that! Jeez...

And what's wrong with asking questions befere looking for their answers? Don't we need to ask questions before we find the answers?

I thought this was a conspiracey forum, and you appear to have your mind already made up on this issue.

Thanks for the link though, I'll have a look at that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

By the way, I'm not aware of any Nazis who, during the Nuremburg trials, pleaded not guilty on the basis the holocaust didn't happen or on the basis that their role was exaggerated. They all pleaded not guilty on the basis they were following orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

IrelandSpirit, dont mind Diogenes attitude. Bare in mind some of the ppl in here have been arguing their side for a long time now and might come across as abrupt or agressive.

As you are new to the forum may I also suggest you read the Forum Charter to help you navigatee these sometimes dangerous waters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Please, it's not that I have'nt bothered to look, I'm starting to do just that! Jeez...

And what's wrong with asking questions befere looking for their answers? Don't we need to ask questions before we find the answers?

You said.
    why destroy all the documentary evidence of the extermination programs?

And

These are loaded questions. They didn't destroy all the documentary evidence of the programs, you seem to already think they did. On what basis do you already have this believe?

As to the why of hiding the final solution, theres an excellent dramatisation of the Wannasee conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

Let me correct you. As of when i posted my reply you were replying to my post which took 20 odd minutes and you had to search hi and low on google for something to prove me wrong. You've failed to do that and I will show you why you failed.

That "wikipidea" link to a picturre of a letter is bs.

Read this

The relevant text is a handwritten cover letter, by Reinhard Heydrich to Martin Luther of the Foreign Office, dated February 26, 1942, forwarding the minutes of the Wannsee Conference. In the opening sentence Heydrich uses explicitly the expression, "the final solution to the Jewish question".[10] The following is a translation of the letter from German to English:
    Dear Fellow Party Member [Parteigenosse] Luther!
    Enclosed I am sending you the minutes of the proceedings that took place on January 20, 1942.
    Since the basic position regarding the practical execution of the final solution of the Jewish question has fortunately been established by now, and since there is a full agreement on the part of all agencies involved. I would like to ask you at the request of the Reich Marshal to make one of your specialist officials available for the necessary discussion of details in connection with the completion of the draft that shows the organizational, technical and material prerequisites bearing on the actual starting point of the projected solutions.
    I want to schedule the first discussion along these lines for 10:30 a.m. on March 6, 1942 at 116 Kurfürstenstrasse, Berlin. I therefore ask you that for this purpose your specialist official contact my functionary in charge there, SS-Obersturmbannführer Eichmann.

Now is this a letter from hitler to kill jews? No it's not.

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    You said.

And

These are loaded questions. They didn't destroy all the documentary evidence of the programs, you seem to already think they did. On what basis do you already have this believe?

As to the why of hiding the final solution, theres an excellent dramatisation of the Wannasee conference

Diogenes, please don't - this is what i asked:

It seems they made no effort to hide other crimes like their human experimentation programs, their work (if you can call it that) is still used and studied today, why destroy all the documentary evidence of the extermination programs?

The operative word there is 'seems', as in 'it appears to' or 'I can't be certain', and if you look closely you'll see a little odd-looking squiggly mark at the end of that sentence too, commonly referred to as a question mark. I'm asking a question. I do not 'already believe' anything, but i am asking that question on the basis that I believed I was in the company of open-minded people.

Likewise, they perhaps sound like loaded questions to you because it appears you already have very fixed ideas about this subject.

The other point i raised which you also seem to have a problem with, even though it underpins everything this thread is (supposedly) about, was an attempt to form a solid basis (in my mind) from which to begin researching. I.e. Whether or not evidence exists that the Nazis had a deliberate extermination program. Deliberate being the operative word. I am not denying millions of people died in those camps, and under horrific conditions - but if we're going to treat this difficult subject seriously and with the respect due to it, then we must be prepared to ask difficult questions and not be afraid of the answers we might find.

By the way, that link you gave me was for a novel on Amazon.com, I'm not going to buy it (not now anyway) - I'm looking for links to actual documentary evidence, records from the camps themselves on a deliberate genocidal program..... The International Red Cross were at the camps, but I can't find much on what they said either...

Anyway, i'm late for work, will continue later, but if you already have your mind made up on all this, I will respect that, just please cut me a little slack here :)

Advertisement