Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickboxing/Aikido?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi,

As far as I know there are no Kickboxing or Aikido clubs in Portlaoise.

There is however an Aikido club in Monasterevein, if you do a search back a few pages theres a thread with more details.

As to where you could find a martial arts club in Portlaoise i'm stumped :)

Joe
    http://bujinkanportlaoise.con

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi,

This kinda need a long answer so bear with me.

When the Bujinkan first went international it was indeed called "Bujinkan Ninjutsu". This was due to the fact that the reputedly oldest school in the Bujinkan is Togakure Ryu which is a ninpo or ninjutsu school.

Over the years the Bujinkan again changed its name, first to "Bujinkan Ninpo Taijutsu and then finally to "Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu"

This was done to try and step away from the hoards of people teaching alleged "ninjutsu" and also with respect to the curriculum the amount of ninjutsu taught is very little.

So basically do I teach Ninjutsu? - No, I try and teach Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu which just happens to have some ninjutsu in it.

As for what we do it's a simplification but if you think jujutsu/aikido kinda stuff you wont be too far off the mark. Both the Bujinkan and Aikido use the term taijutsu to describe their body movements.

If you have any more questions you know were I am

Joe
    http://bujinkanportlaoise.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tomiki

HI,

I run the Monasterevin and Newbridge Aikido clubs I am also in the process of looking for a small hall in Portlaoise to get a little club going in the next five to six weeks ,with a bit of luck it will take off, hopefully we can get a few numbers to keep it ticking over.

If you check the web for RANDORI AIKIDO RYU you will get more info about TOMIKI AIKIDO.

All the best

PAT,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MBARUS

Iolar wrote: »
    Are there any clubs in Portlaoise area?
    Hi,
    There is Aikido in Portlaoise.(Mon.Wed.Fri from 19.00 and Sat.from16.00),beside Freedom fitness club (use to be Curves studio)...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MBARUS

Iolar wrote: »
    what style of Aikido is taught?
    I can't answer about that,the best way I guess,would be to go there and find out...:))Anyway l'm planning to join them.And this Aikido studio run by lithuanian guy.That's all i know about it,he use to have classes in Waterford or Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tommyit

MBARUS wrote: »
    I can't answer about that,the best way I guess,would be to go there and find out...:))Anyway l'm planning to join them.And this Aikido studio run by lithuanian guy.That's all i know about it,he use to have classes in Waterford or Wexford.

hi I have being look for some time for an Aikido club in waterford do you have any more details about it

Advertisement