Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been in this situation?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

You go to a filling station, fill the car up, go into the shop to get money out of the ATM and its out of order. You have no other cash on you, what do you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

You explain it to the person at the counter, fill out the "no means of payment" form and come back and pay later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The guy behind the counter either sodomises you or breaks your shins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

phasers wrote: »
    The guy behind the counter either sodomises you or breaks your shins

Nope,that only happens in Northern Ireland if there's no policeman around to protect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Used to happen regular when i worked in a station. We used to just take the reg etc and also hold on to the spare wheel until they came back. Once i even took a fella's watch as deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You remember that your ATM card is infact a Laser card so just hand the card to the man at the till - duh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Distract the shopkeeper by shouting 'There is a wasp on your head',

Then run away, taking care to knock over as much as you can off the shelves.

Then drive away, with free petrol!

And they said there was no such thing as a free meal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sing for your supper fuel.

There's nothing petrol station customers enjoy more than an acappella rendition of 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

juma wrote: »
    You go to a filling station, fill the car up, go into the shop to get money out of the ATM and its out of order. You have no other cash on you, what do you do?
    I was often going to chance doing that but the thought of the ATM not working always comes into my head. but what i did do one day was put 20 euro of petrol into the car went into the shop and got a can of coke and a newspaper and paid for them but forgot to pay for the petrol,i was sitting in the car having a quick read of the paper when a knock came to the window and it was one of the attendants who informed me that i hadn't paid for my petrol,jasus i was mortified,thank god i stopped for a read of the paper and not driven away !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

johncleary bet me 2 it.

jus use your card at the till.

an if the dont hav a laser machine then they dont deserve money ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Sell your body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

i went to a petrol station once, pre paid for the petrol and filled up the tank. as i was leaving station woman who i had given the money jumps out in front of my car and tells me i hadn't paid. she had to look at the cctv camera for proof i had paid. no apology forthcoming. but have boycotted that filling station and its other franchises since.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I learned how to do this many years ago from a boy by the name of Link.

You go into the shop and run around the shopkeeper three times. They'll get confused and you can do a legger.

There is a small side effect in that you will be referred to as Thief by every other petrol station owner for all time. Totally worth it though.

ElBarco wrote: »

You go into the shop and run around the shopkeeper three times. They'll get confused and you can do a legger.

There is a small side effect in that you will be referred to as Thief by every other petrol station owner for all time. Totally worth it though.
    dont think you would get away with that in many stations, some of paying stations are too small to run around to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I don't think all ATM cards are also laser cards. My Ulster Bank atm card was only an atm card and i had to request a laser. My sisters with AIB and thats only an atm card also.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Set the petrol station on fire, nobody's going to worry about your lack of funds then.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

ElBarco wrote: »

You'll also be killed next time you go into the shop :(

could be worse. two from my family put diesel in their cars instead of petrol. luckily nothing major happened but the brother had to call out the AA

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

bnagrrl wrote: »
    You'll also be killed next time you go into the shop :(

I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Advertisement