Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from BT to UPC

Options
  • 06-07-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking down through the threads, I see lots of people are having nightmares moving away from BT. Like everyone else at the moment, I can't really afford a load of disputed charges on my bank account. However, UPC have upgraded in my area (Phibsboro) and I'm seriously considering switching over. So two questions:

1. Has anyone left BT without encountering horrific problems? The UPC lady who phoned me up said that they handle cancelling BT for you - you just sign an authorisation and give it to the UPC installer who calls round. Knowing that UPC haven't exactly got a stellar customer service record, is doing it like this just asking for trouble? Any experiences, positive or negative? If you made your escape from BT without being hit for a load of unfair charges, how did you manage it?

2. Currently getting 2.5 - 3.5 Mb/s with BT. Was thinking of the 10 Mb/s package on UPC. Does anyone have this? What speeds are you actually getting?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

2. Currently getting 2.5 - 3.5 Mb/s with BT. Was thinking of the 10 Mb/s package on UPC. Does anyone have this? What speeds are you actually getting?

511387369.png

DL usually hangs around 8.5-10mb/s

do u torrent? on a PT and i can get upto 1.6mb/s DL and max upload at 90-100kbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Thanks in advance.

511430398.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tinycrocodile

That looks pretty good, thanks!

I do torrent, and I also upload quite a bit as my main back up system is mozy for mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tinycrocodile

Anyone any advice on the financial side?

Advertisement