Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chewing Gum on Dress!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Sat down on Saturday night and got chewing gum on my dress. :( what's the best way to get it off - freeze it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

Freeze it then break it off? I've also heard that hairspray can help take it off ( although I never have and probably never will try this one!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Yes! I got chewing gum on a skirt years ago and I froze it. Made it much easier to get off. Alternatively rubbing ice on it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Whenever customers let their children put chewing gum on my store's 700 euro handbags (I sh*t you not), we use sellotape to get it off. Works a charm. Of course, it depends on what material your dress s but if all else fails give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thanks all!

It's in the fridge at the mo so I'll see how it goes. It's 85% cotton and 15% poly. A friend sent me links saying to use vinegar on it but that sounds wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Noooo put salt on it, then washing up liquid and leave it for a while then rub off with a cloth. It works!

• Advertisement
Advertisement