Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booties recommendation?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good pair of booties, at a good price? I'm not very happy with my current ones, they're a tad too big and too thick.

I'm not too concerned with warmth, I need something tight fitting that will allow me to feel/grip as much as possible. I've heard split toes are good for this?

An odd time of the year to think about buying booties I know, but my feet have taken enough cuts and stings already this summer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I have a pair of 5mm O Neill split toe and they are great. I thought they were expensive at first (50 euro 2 years ago) but they were well worth it.
    They have two straps one on the ankle and one on the top of the boot.
    Not unlike these: (these seems like a newer model)
    http://www.kingofwatersports.com/oneill-superfreak-5x4mm-st-boot-i1956.html

The dual straps helped with the fitting as I have a narrow foot and the cheaper boots in the store didnt fit tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheP

The Superfreaks are heavy, thick and have no feel, although they are warm.

For minimal feel, try a pair of the Atans. The boots are very thin & super flexible. Wash them after use, turn inside out to prevent them smelling - you can't do this with the superfreaks.

The Atan mistrals are very, very warm: http://www.bigsurf.ie/prod.php?id=22, even in 6 deg C temps with a bitter Northerly offshore wind.

Hops this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

iv always found when choosing booties your best bet is to get to your local surf shop and try on all the booties you can.... i would also stress about the importance of not buying just becuase a product has a good brand name or marketing buzz cuase thats all you may end up paying for.

I found my alder hidden splitt toes great....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

TheP wrote: »
    The Superfreaks are heavy, thick and have no feel, although they are warm.

Superfreaks are also available in 2mm which I used to use during the summer time myself...

I didn't find the 2mm heavy at all...didn't even know you were wearing them.

Advertisement