Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dress code in offices

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi

can anyone tell me (maybe from your own experiences) what is the dressing code in Ireland when you go to the interview.

do people pay attention at all to how do they look?

thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ani_mal wrote: »
    Hi

can anyone tell me (maybe from your own experiences) what is the dressing code in Ireland when you go to the interview.

do people pay attention at all to how do they look?

thx.

For the interview of an office job, it would generally be very formal, a suit really, or a shirt tie and slacks at least.

I doubt they'd care it if was a designer suit but as long as you make a good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

YES they notice what you look like!!! if they had 2 people who had the exact same experience, one turned up in a tracksuit or jeans, and one made the effor to turn up in a suit, the suit person would get the job. it shows they want this job and are serious about the job and have made an effort for the role

ALWAYS wear a suit to EVERY interview you go to

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Suit 100% of the time dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

formal wear - suit, make sure shoes are polished and not scruffy looking - hair neat and tidy limit the amount of jewlery worn, 1 ring would be enough - same with piercings - no facial piercings, only earings, and even at that just the 1

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

People usually wear their best suits to an interview! It shows that you are taking the interview seriously. It also shows that you know what attire is appropriate for the workplace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

YES they notice what you look like!!! if they had 2 people who had the exact same experience, one turned up in a tracksuit or jeans, and one made the effor to turn up in a suit, the suit person would get the job. it shows they want this job and are serious about the job and have made an effort for the role

ALWAYS wear a suit to EVERY interview you go to

+1 - good luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Thank you all for feedback:) I was asking because I heard weird stories about people wearing improper clothes to interview. I wanted to adjust to the "society" style.

Im reliefed now, knowing all is ok.
    thank you all for kind help.

Advertisement