Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing: Neteller/Laser

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I'd like to withdraw some of my rakeback monthly but I don't know whether doing it via Neteller or Laser is best (I'm on ipoker fwiw). Will I incur some sort of charge if I withdraw through Neteller? How bad will it look if my bank sees a couple of transactions per month coming from a poker site?

It'd be much more convenient for me to use the latter option tbh.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Oh man, do it through Laser and it's not even close to being close IMO. NT are expensive, incompetent, unreliable and rude in my experience.

As for what your bank thinks of poker withdrawals, could it possibly be any worse than what you think of their sorry-ass broke-down bustoness? No. Fk 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

It would be alot worse if the payments where going the other way, as in from your bank to the poker site.

As for withdrawing, ship the money to boyles and withdraw cash in the shop.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Hmm, well I'm on VC Poker so I don't know if I can transfer from there to Boyles. Plus, it'll still have to be transferred in to my account. Maybe it's best just to transfer it on to the laser...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

VC >> Moneybookers/Neteller >>> Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Oh man, do it through Laser and it's not even close to being close IMO. NT are expensive, incompetent, unreliable and rude in my experience.

As for what your bank thinks of poker withdrawals, could it possibly be any worse than what you think of their sorry-ass broke-down bustoness? No. Fk 'em.

There has been discussions here before of applications for mortgages and loans refused by banks on the basis of transactions to/from poker and gambling sites.

I don't think the op should 'Fk 'em',I think he should use netteller or moneybookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

There has been discussions here before of applications for mortgages and loans refused by banks on the basis of transactions to/from poker and gambling sites.

I don't think the op should 'Fk 'em',I think he should use netteller or moneybookers.

Ok Danny, that is very sane and solid advice.

But speaking personally, this sounds like something that would have happened in the 1950's. Having a bath and putting on the Sunday suit for a meeting with the gombeen from the bank is pure Squinting Windows stuff. It reeks of deference and fear to me. I would refuse to alter any aspect of my behaviour for fear some over-qualified, under-educated plank in a Bank might be having a bad day when I'm looking for a loan and turn me down. Just a personal view. Fk em. Life's too short.

(Danny has reminded me though that I should have mentioned in my earlier post that Moneybookers are good in my experience. Significantly cheaper than NT too, although there are security issues OP should research).

Advertisement